Meta - META - Share Chat

I like the attention you went to to rearrange the letters, not just rewrite them in a different font. Gold star :star2:

:smile:

1 Like

There’s a wild story about him, Jack Dorsey, and a Goat - here’s a Google search link.

You know this will be called Mehta in South Asia :wink:

Okay the real reason I come on this thread was because this thread needs to be renamed to Meta Platforms Inc.

1 Like

Is Facebook ever going to get good PR :rofl:

Climate misinformation on Facebook ‘increasing substantially’, study says | Facebook | The Guardian

1 Like

Yes. When it shuts down and/or sells off Instagram and WhatsApp

1 Like

To play Devil’s advocate here. In my domain, Facebook Research/AI actually does a lot of useful and impressive work that they open source for anyone to use - even commercially.

1 Like

I think their role in genocide kind of cancels all of that out. They really don’t need you to throw yourself under the bus and play devil’s advocate.

2 Likes

Not disputing that but it doesn’t often get the good PR :rofl: :man_facepalming: I actually think social media is great for soooo many people but the monetising part goes too far and creates a monster. Also, moderation levels in English are very high but in other languages they are shockingly low and create many problems on global scales.

Facebook did little to moderate posts in the world’s most violent countries - POLITICO

Someone created a parody. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

6 Likes

download

?

3 Likes

3 Likes

You can see the law suits coming :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Love the backhanded comment from Facebook:

I only wish this was big enough to drive Facebook out of business.

2 Likes
1 Like

Rated the worst company, yet 3 billion people still use it every month

1 Like

And growing, last time I checked. Facebook is the company that people love to hate, but if you’re an investor you should be objective and look at the figures. User acquisition, current price to earnings.

Facebook have been portrayed negatively in the news for like 10 years, I’m not too concerned.

2 Likes

Anyone watched this keynote presentation on Meta? Just came up on my Facebook:

Gonna check it out, will be interesting not just from an investing angle.

-20% today after hours on weak earnings and declining users.

1 Like