Microsoft Corporation šŸ–„šŸ–± - MSFT

It would be a gangster move for Microsoft to acquire Discord and move into PC game distribution and compete with Steam.

And more generally speaking Iā€™d love for them to stop doing buybacks and instead focus on these kind of acquisitions (Github was another great one). They should of bought Zoom & Slack a few years ago

1 Like

Discord ended deal talks. But I donā€™t know why Microsoft wanted a loss making chat program when they already have a money making one in Teams.

2 Likes

I know it shouldnā€™t but I wonder if the Gatesā€™ divorce announcement will have an impact?

1 Like

I doubt it. Gates hasnā€™t been involved in the company for over a decade and now only owns about 1% of MSFT shares.

1 Like

I been Watching this stock for a while. It keeps rising. Who thinks itā€™ll end up like a Amazon stock. In the thousands

1 Like

Itā€™s already bigger than Amazon by Market Cap

2 Likes

To get to $3k a share its pretty much got to 10x from here so youd be looking at a 20Trillion dollar market cap valuation at that point so Iā€™d say youā€™d be waiting a while. Itā€™s already had many share splits over the years hence why itā€™s not already in the multiple 1000s a share.

2 Likes

Ok, thks. Iā€™m just trying to pick up on a few things. U just help me learn more about market cap

1 Like

Thks, for that. Iā€™m just getting involved, winging it really. But I been learning a few things.

1 Like

Any suggestions for a new bee like me. As what to look out for. Just the basics

1 Like

Share price is arbitrary, i.e. a share price of $100 or $1,000 doesnā€™t mean anything on its own because the company can be split up into any number of shares in theory.

You could have a company with ten shares at $1,000 each, that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a big or successful company. You can look up a companyā€™s market cap and divide by the number of ā€˜shares outstandingā€™ to get its share price. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Thks. I understand what u mean. That info definitely helps. Thks again

1 Like

Microsoft have a track record for splitting their stock, creating more of it to reduce the price, this doesnā€™t affect how much the company is worth. Theyā€™ve done it 9 times since 1987 mostly halving the price each time.

Fun fact if you brought 10 shares at IPO in 1987 you would now hold 2,880 shares but crucially still own the same amount of the company. (Ā„)

If Microsoft hadnā€™t done this theyā€™re share price would be 288x times higher or $93,499 (ā‚¬)

Boring bit-
(Ā„) If we ignore any new shares created as part of an acquisition or compensation package, which they defiantly have done but you get the idea

(ā‚¬) The share a price wouldnā€™t be this high as it would have been impossible for most people to buy a Microsoft share at such a high price before fractional shares were available- less buyers means lower prices.

9 Likes

Context: Itā€™s dropped 1.35% from an all time high 2 weeks ago.

11 Likes

Thisā€¦ Some new investors minds are going to be blown if we see a 20%+ bear market for a period of timeā€¦ Iā€™m seeing buy when the streets are red with blood quotes after a 3%pullback :joy:

7 Likes

Whoā€™s have though when Steve Balmer was launching the zune miscrosoft would be sitting pretty as the most valuable company in the world?

Steve has ā€˜madeā€™ $1.4bn today alone, no wonder he looks excited.

7 Likes

Microsoft out here trying to eat everyoneā€™s lunch. Slack. Now Notion :slight_smile:

3 Likes
1 Like

Microsoft want to try and get their slice of the BNPL payments pie :pie:

4 Likes

That is such a shady move

1 Like