Molten Ventures - GROW - Share Chat

From Molten Ventures Annual Report Glossary - “Core Portfolio Companies” are the top companies by value that represent 68% of the overall Gross Portfolio Value.

Thanks @saf

1 Like

:freetrade: app to chat link broken…

1 Like

@Optimisery thanks for flagging, the link has now been updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Nearly back at pandemic lows, thought I’d missed the boat at this price range. One way to add to your Freetrade exposure as well

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out! I think I’m going to take this route to invest in Freetrade (and other Molten backed companies) instead of this Round 8.

My overall portfolio is probably overinvested in Freetrade anyway plus I don’t want to have Crowdcube dipping their hand in my pocket with their % Success Tax on successful crowdfunding investments.

If I go in this way, I can rebalance my portfolio slightly whilst still indirectly backing Freetrade via Molton and via increasing FT’s assets under management by putting it in my LISA.

Winner winner non-farm-animal dinner! :gem: :cow: :gem:

6 Likes

You are probably aware that Molten Ventures has CrowdCube in their portfolio, so you would be investing in CC as well. One of CC’s value drivers is their carried interest i.e. the success fee.

7 Likes

This is like inception

Other Equities < Freetrade < Crowdcube < Molten :rofl:

4 Likes

I put a buy order in for £2.50 today on my wife’s isa 12 minutes past 3 it went down to £2.50 but did not execute… Why ??

Essentially … your bid was in the market but there was nobody who wanted to take it.

Sounds like a bit of a con to me. I would rather pay £2.99 and execute my own orders at least that way you knows what you’re getting or not. The not so freetrade freetrade

What do you mean? :thinking:

1. You need a broker to execute, you cannot execute trades yourself
  2. If there’s no one selling at that price, it doesn’t matter which broker you use. You can’t buy if no one is selling for this price.
1 Like

Looking on Google Finance, it dropped only briefly to £2.50 today, and the volume was 1.1k shares. People who placed their £2.50 buy order before you did bought those shares. After that transaction took place, there were buyers at higher prices, or no more sellers at £2.50.

You moved up the £2.50 queue by 1.1k shares.

3 Likes

Reread what i wrote please. I was referring to the the new package £4.99 compared to the old package at £2.99 where you manually buy and sell and how it was meant to give you piece and mind knowing your transaction was in the hands of freetrade doing the buying and selling for you. I was trying to say the old way you sit and wait for it to go to the price you want and buy if it does not execute you try again or you come away knowing it did not go through. Not sit there thinking you it went through when it didn’t. Not trying to cause an argument just dont like the not knowing

Hey @Dazthedude

There is quite a lot to unpack with your post so I’ll do my best.

The difference between the packages has nothing to do with how your orders are executed, Freetrade (as your broker) executes all orders on your behalf. The new £4.99 package does include automated orders however you need to understand what happens when you use one of these order types.

A limit order is essentially you joining a queue as @Han said above. If there are more people wanting to sell for £2.50 than buy for that price your order will sit unfulfilled. The longer your limit order has been in the market the more likely that new orders will be executed first. There is also a whole business of high-frequency traders but we won’t go into that right now.

When you place a live order Freetrade goes to the market and finds you a buyer/seller and executes at the best price possible.

1 Like

Well just don’t set the limit order then?

Thanks Neil
I understand now. I apologise if my comments upset anyone it wasn’t meant to.
Maybe next time i should do a bit more research into my problem before I start tapping on my keyboard.
Again I’m sorry if i upset anyone

4 Likes

Don’t be daft, that kind for you to say but I think most if not all understood that it came from a position of frustration.

I’m glad it helped.

2 Likes

Hi Oliver,

I once held these shares, until my stop loss triggered. I think the thing to be a little wary of here (as is the case with many similar types of investment), is that a lot of the constituent company valuations aren’t perhaps as transparent/clear/easy to be accurate about as they could be.

In other words, valuing the companies they own isn’t as straightforward as usual, therefore there could be an element of guesswork at play. That might explain the large discount.

All that said, I could be way off the mark.

This is still on my watchlist though.

Cheers

2 Likes