Monzo 📱 🏦

Massive Monzo fan and investor but I’m close to cancelling my Plus because it’s offering is poor and this Premium offering isn’t exciting me either. A real shame. Every new release seems to headline with a shiny new card and then padding beneath that trying to make it seem worthwhile. I’m sure there are other POVs to disagree with this but I’m struggling to understand releasing a phone and travel insurance offering when we’re on the brink of another national lockdown and hardly anybody is travelling anyway.

2 Likes

Global travel insurance? What jokers.

They had an opportunity to launch a product that offered something different and relevant - instead they’ve gone with what everyone else did pre Covid.

6 Likes

thats why skip monzo and move on :innocent:

Well, I like it. I’m in. Shameless Monzo fanboy accusations would be well founded…

8 Likes

" - Monzo had the highest net gain of 51,285 between January and September this year.

• Starling came in second place, with 36,398 net customer gains this year via current account switching. Together, Monzo and Starling have a share of 43% of all new customer net gains through switches."
7 Likes

Metal Card vs Wooden Card…

Every $60 spent plants a tree!

This confused me for a second, its every $60 you spend, so 80% of the interchange fee they get goes to planting trees.

interesting idea, i wonder how durable the cherry will be at that size

1 Like

They’re treating it as an extension of the previous June round. Looks like they have 100k+ paying retail customers now and 60,000 business accounts. I’d guess a larger future round would be at a higher valuation, assuming signups continue, things go well with vaccines and people are spending more on cards again.

3 Likes