More details on the rollout

Weā€™ve had some questions recently about how the rollout will work so I thought Iā€™d take the chance to share some more detail on how the rollout of the iPhone app will work :smile: Please bear in mind that this plan may change - this is just what weā€™re anticipating at the moment.

Phase Number of users Who will have access in this phase
Super early testing Up to 500, added in small batches of ~10 Weā€™ll pick users with a wide range of devices, investing experience & a mix of demographics, from the ā€œearly testerā€ list. Not everyone from that list will be in this phase - we just need a number of volunteers ready for a work-in-progress experience. In particular, weā€™ll choose investors to be the very first users during this phase.
Early access Up to 2,000, added in batches of ~100 The investors who earned early access in our R1 and R2 crowdfunding rounds. Some good news for round 2 investors who technically havenā€™t qualified for the early access reward: youā€™ve waited long enough, and youā€™ll be included in this group too :tada:
Top of the queue Up to 6,000 Referrers and R3 investors who earned a queue jump
Working down the queue 50,000+ Everyone else, we love you, too!! :two_hearts:

Iā€™m sure that some of you have spotted this but just in case - around 6,000 people on the waiting list have referred at least one friend so far. So if you want to be one of the first to test the app & youā€™ve not recommended Freetrade to anyone else yet, just one referral could bump you a long way up the list :eyes:. Either way, youā€™ll work your way to the top of the queue in the end.

When it comes to the speed of the rollout, weā€™ll need to grow our customer support & brokerage operations teams to cope with a larger number of users using the app so this isnā€™t just dependent on getting the app working.

I can say with real honesty that the entire team wants to launch this as soon as possible. Weā€™re working tirelessly to get across the finish (start) line and we canā€™t wait to get your feedback. Not long now!

28 Likes

If it helps I have a iPhone 5 / 6 / 7ā€¦ take your pick :wink:

6 Likes

Thank you for the details @Ian

That worried me a bit as it can be hard to expand quickly but I am sure everything will go well. :crossed_fingers:emphasized text

1 Like

It would be helpful to give aproximate dates as to when are all of these stages going to happen.As far as I understand the super early round starts on the 18th of September and you will start adding people after that?
I hope everything goes quickly as I dont want to put any more money into my broker now as im waiting for your launch.

4 Likes

Just to mention, itā€™s not too late to register your interest in taking part in the super early testing phase here :running_man:

8 Likes

:ok_hand:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good point. It might have been better to have written ā€œOptimise our customer support & brokerage operationsā€. This will become clearer as more people onboard, after which we can share more detail.

3 Likes

I genuinely canā€™t remember if I did :grimacing:

1 Like

You did :+1:

1 Like

Hey guys! Thanks for the info on the rollout.

Iā€™m an R2 investor (I donā€™t think I qualified for early access) but I currently sit at position 3,001.

I can see the table shows only up to 2,000 users though. The description says Iā€™ll be included in this group but Iā€™m technically out of range. Whatā€™ll happen here?

The only reason why you are within 3000 in the queue is because referrers are technically sitting before you but will be prioritised only after the investorā€™s such as yourself.

Bottom line - not to worry, you are absolutely part of the 2000 people regardless of the amount invested in Round 2 and your current position in the queue :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Great, thanks for the clarification :+1:t2:.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Chris, that has to feel good! :grin::ok_hand::wink:

1 Like

It does. Being one of the first to post their referral link on the monzo forum really helped.
Made it to 17th I think at one point.

3 Likes