Morrison Supermarkets ๐Ÿฅ–๐Ÿ›’ - MRW

Why has the price shot up to ยฃ8

(nvm my FT was all bugged said this went up to 148% higher or something took 6 mins then all my daily graph changed back to normal)

Yeah, it messed my chart up!

Dang look at those gains

Has anybody had any experience of buying into a company like Morrisons which is then taken over. I wonder should I hold or sell.

1 Like
1 Like

Received message from Freetrade that shares will be sold and money credited to account. Timescales not too long either

2 Likes

Must be good to have ยฃ7bn on hand to pay people quickly with!

1 Like

How can I read that message again? Click on it accidentally and it disappeared! :frowning:

1 Like

I donโ€™t think you can. Its seems to be a one time message

Does it not show if you select the profile icon In the top right, scroll down to contact us and then select see all next to conversations.

Other things stock splits show ther for me.

1 Like

Youโ€™re right it is there

Does the message only apply to those wanting to sell their shares at Morrisons?

You donโ€™t have a choice, they will be sold on your behalf whether you like it or not.

Why is that? Sorry iโ€™m a bit of a noob. Are they automatically selling all shareholder shares back to us?

Morrisons have been taken over by another company.

Your shares will be removed from your portfolio and you will receive cash in its place.

At this point, you would cease to be a shareholder altogether in the company.

Is there going to be a way to be a shareholder at the company? Maybe via a 3rd party?

Market bidco is a private limited company

1 Like

You would have thought they would discussed all these issues with the correct agencies and authorities before the takeover went ahead.

3 Likes

Shares soldโ€ฆ All done and dusted. Freetrade paid cash into my account at the said time. :+1:

3 Likes