My Freetrade Investment Journey [Subscribe to the channel]

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback!

Let me know if there’s more/less info you’d like in the upcoming vids.

Peace :v:

2 Likes

Cool video :smile:

Barclay’s ex-dividend date is today, and the payment date is 05th April 2019 from what I read.

I noticed the video show your pin as you type it…

2 Likes

Something I was thinking too, I don’t know if you’re too concerned about that, I certainlly would be!

1 Like

Ahhhhhh you’re right! Just missed out.

I read March like a month ago, and just assumed it wouldn’t be before the 1st so get in then.

Missed by one day :sob:

Thanks for letting me know so I don’t bother the good people at free trade about my smaller dividend. :laughing:

So are you going to cancel Barclays for something else? Or stick with it? :slightly_smiling_face:

You mean The ex div?

I might actually be okay, because if its on Close of Play at the 28th then by 4pm I’ll have the shares… so fingers crossed.

If you meant something else let me know lol

Nah I’ll stick with it - they should have another around July/August which would be more. and I also think the share price will grow to around the 2.50-3 mark in 1-3 years. They’re a solid purchase in my opinion.

What do you think?

I invested a little bit when it was under £1.50 on Freetrade, holding longer term for now, it’ll give me around a 4.3% projected yield as it stands, so thinking I’ll hold until I have a reason to switch.

1 Like

Yeah under £1.50 was a good price! Makes sense.

Hey everyone, here’s the next updated video, providing an update on the profit/loss from last week and also which of my stocks are paying a dividend soon.

Honorary mention to @gl196 & @saf for helping me out here too. :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey man. Great video :+1:.

1 Like

Very cool video! But I have to admit i’m a bit of a gold sceptic.

3 Likes

Nice video and cracking little pot you have

Do you live in the US?

1 Like

That’s a brill video :+1:

2 Likes

based on the network provider i’m guessing a frequent visitor to the Gulf

1 Like

Thanks mate! Much appreciated

Hahaha… it’s not bad was hoping for about 10% by now but 8% profit so far I’ll take. No I’m between the UK & Dubai atm.

1 Like

Hahaha affirmative! :laughing:

Thanks for the feedback…

Mate, You’re not wrong!! I love buffet and agree wholeheartedly… I think Centamin is slightly different as it’s still a company, therefore being an equity still has fundamentals like a bank or tech company would. I’m not investing directly into a Commodity.

However, if In the next six months I don’t see a sustained change then I may take that as a learning and stay away from companies that mine commodities.

I’d rather invest in productivity than price change long term. Somewhere else I read that if a company performs the price will always rise that’s the only guaranteed thing in the stock market.

1 Like

Yep you’re right, Centamin does have fundamentals. And I suspect gold miners outperform during periods of high volatility (Centamin had a big spike from 2008 onwards), so might be worth holding as a hedge against market vol. As always dyor :slight_smile:

1 Like