My journey investing after 3 months with Freetrade [Subscribe to the channel]

Yes maybe its ambitious, and perhaps a tiny bit conflicted lol.

Essentially, yield is a secondary factor for me - As an example I bought FSLR recently which is projected high growth but doesn’t pay a dividend.

I think my next acquisitions will be of a similar vein to what you mentioned, ignore yield (ish) and get behind growth a bit more aggressively.

Saying that, as I’m new, in order to not be too aggressive and protect against losses, getting a bit of a dividend feels right at this stage.

I think your questions a good one, and something I need to really consider strongly on whether I need to redefine my approach/goals.

Thanks for the feedback - keep the advice coming!

C.

1 Like

Customs Union with Mr Corbyn…Soft Brexit basically.

Hey Guys

My latest portfolio update - if you can hear a duvet - yes I’m in bed! Soz.

All feedback welcome! :smiley:

C.

4 Likes

Hey,

Portfolio Update [Ep.9] - Hope you enjoy, and feedback always welcome!

C.

2 Likes

Enjoy the videos Curtis !
Really important point re dividends turning up. I’m sure freetrade are working on it. I need to have every faith that dividends will be paid into my account as I cannot keep track and to a certain extent do not want to keep track as I am buying and holding investment trusts and etf’s only.
I hope in the not to distant future we will be able to see all the information on dividends received.

3 Likes

I’m not going to comment on this specific situation (or other issues that’re related to a specific customer) here but we have explained why dividend payments get delayed before here & here. We will of course make the payment as soon as we’ve received the money & the length of time that takes can vary from payment to payment.

If anyone believes that they should have received a payment but hasn’t, please contact our support team & they’ll be happy to check on that for you.

4 Likes

@alex.s Thanks for the response :smile:

Customer service have always handled it and then I’ve received my dividend post the conversation. I will attest to that! They’ve been good.

But my question is more, say I forget or am unaware that I’m owed a dividend - is it guaranteed by Freetrade I’ll always receive even If I don’t message or realise?

I only realised this time as I have 2 back up tools that tell me - but the free one didn’t because the date elapsed, and if I stopped using the paid one I wouldn’t have known

2 Likes

That’s literally their job. If they don’t pass on the dividend, someone will notice at some point and then they’ll have some tough questions to answer.
You’re going to get the dividend even if you don’t chase up.

I’ve chased exactly 0 of my dividend payments and received previously 100% of them.

4 Likes

Yes we’ll still pay you all of your dividend, just as quickly, even if you don’t contact us to ask about it.

2 Likes

Without knowing the intricacies of their internal process - effectively all I did was notice at some point. Not sure what’s different to me noticing or someone else. Maybe it was coincidental that after I chased it came - but its not unreasonable to chase if you’re not sure and its expected.

2 Likes

Hello, very interesting journey. Where did you learn how to do fundamental analysis? I have some knowledge on technical analysis due to crypto. I am new to stocks and want to get some exposure to this type of asset as well. Thank you for doing these videos.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! You’re welcome!

For the most part friends, youtube and online - it was piecemealed together - which is why I started infant investors so there’s a home for what I deemed useful for newbies.

Books - I’d recommend ‘Shares made simple’ which gives you the fundamentals of how equities work. and now I’m reading Intelligent Investor - to understand value investing and investment rules and principles.

2 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply. Will look into ‘Shares made simple’ I am also reading The Intelligent Investor at the moment. I’d recommend Rich Dad Poor Dad, covers investing in general and mindset.

2 Likes

Great book!

I read Rich Dad Poor Dad when I was young, my first self-help business book. Framed everything.

1 Like

A little interim portfolio update - thanks to President Trump

Enjoy :smiley:

4 Likes

“Bloodbath” is over-egging it a bit. You ain’t seen nothing yet!

Good update as always though.

4 Likes

Yeah, Trump still has access to twitter, it could get a lot worse :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

LOOOL… that’s funny!

I have however lost 92.8% in crypto… so you’re not wrong - this is a minor blip.

But as someone mentioned to me - if it bleeds, it leads… so its good for the tube!

Thanks mate!

1 Like

It is… unfortunately… i’m monitoring closely and my stocks are still leaking.

maybe could continue throughout the week.

1 Like

Just to illustrate the point, I bought a North America tracker, VNRT, over Christmas for £48-49 a share. Even after this week’s blip, it’s still sitting at about £54-55 a pop.

1 Like