Mobico Group PLC - MCG - Share chat

Prominent in the UK for providing local bus and coach services, this travel company also operate in Europe and North America.

1 Like

Hopefully these will bounce back once the pandemic is over.

3 Likes

Hovering at £3. Any discussion points that these are expected to go up even further please?

Could park a grand for few months.

They were around £4 before the pandemic hit. I’m leaving my money in for a little while longer

It’s a month old now, but this gives a sense of their post-lockdown comms strategy.

I think they are a good buy right now. I bought some at 3.03 and I can definitely see them getting close to pre-pandemic levels later in the year. Demand for summer domestic travel is going to be insane this year with uncertainty over foreign holidays. Do your own research though, I’m a new investor so don’t take my advice. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Also this story could imply a decent upturn for public transport in UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/15/boris-johnson-to-unveil-3bn-bus-sector-shake-up-to-drive-levelling-up

2 Likes
2 Likes

Interesting, seems promising or is it just paper talk? Suppose time with tell especially if restrictions are actually lifted :nauseated_face: if they have gained 900m with future ventures taking out the losses of 2020 surely it’s all good :heart:

1 Like

Heres me thinking this and first group will start getting gains with lockdown easement. Oops. Seems everyone is staying local and avoiding transport for a bit :mask: :sneezing_face: :large_blue_diamond:

1 Like

Give it a chance it’s only one day in :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

National Express West Midlands continue to invest in new BYD - Alexander Dennis electric buses, preparing for the Birmingham Clean Air Zone which comes into effect this year and planning for a zero emission fleet by 2030.

2 Likes

This share price seems to be going down for no reason I can find.

That’s the stock market in a nutshell. Reasons are usually made up after the fact to try to explain random fluctuations. Also the stock is up quite a lot since the covid shock, you need to increase the time horizon. You’ll easily spot the random fluctuations.

3 Likes

The other bus companies seen to be in the doldrums at the moment too.

1 Like

Is there a dividend coming

None due at the moment unfortunately. I can’t see one being declared until their service gets back to normal.

3 Likes

It’s all about getting the business back on its feet atm. Giving out dividends would be a bad move for long term health.

Atm I’d be happy with share price increasing in value, maybe crystallize some gains, price steadys off, dividend announcement.

Gotta remember where the dividend comes from and the impact it has. Paying dividends will drop share price. Not paying it (hopefully) will help price recover. Either way a gain is a gain. Only when you make big bucks and hit tax implications do you need to worry what type of gain it is

3 Likes

Simplywall.st is currently showing an expected slow but steady climb in revenue/earnings (12.1%pa) for NEx over the next 12 months, then levelling off in 2023/24 (unless there’s another pandemic of course). So, hopefully share price will follow. @Ncrew

1 Like