☑ [Feature Request 🔧] Nationality Declaration 🗺

Thanks for the reply Victor Yes absolutely try & implement this foreign ownership as I’m British & some of the stocks I follow closely & politicaly are British & fall into this category so please try & implement something being a new isa year cash to burn

4 Likes

Can someone explain the reason why this can’t be done? And /Or how long it takes to process so that we can invest in these companies

1 Like

I would like to see a nationality declaration form so we can see trade for these other companies

Any update on this?

1 Like

Rolls Royce is looking to buy mini reactors and and I want to buy some shares lol

2 Likes

I want BAE Systems plc and Rolls-Royce Holdings plc. Any new information on the ND rollout yet?

2 Likes

@Viktor Any update on this please? This has been one of the widely requested feature. So it would be great if the Nationality Declaration feature is prioritised and made available at the earliest. Thanks

4 Likes

I agree can we get an update @Viktor @Freetrade_Team

1 Like

This does need addressing freetrade could at least reply to us with what is taking them so long to get this sorted. Communication has gone very quiet on whats going on.

Think we need another AMA update with Freetrades plans for 2022 as they dont do roadmaps anymore.:rofl:

It’s the top two item on the list of smaller improvements we will look at once we’ll have made progress on the bigger items this year.

10 Likes

Is there any update on the Swedish license @Viktor?

Are you hopeful it’s going to materialise in Q1?

1 Like

Wonder where Freetrade is at with National Declaration stocks!? Haven’t had an update for a while…

1 Like

https://community.freetrade.io/t/feature-request-nationality-declaration/8082/34

I don’t really get it. We can buy Boeing, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman and many more, and nobody checks for nationality declarations. Chemring can be bought without it but neither BAE nor Rolls Royce.

1 Like

None of those are UK listed companies

1 Like

That’s right. My point is more like this: Why can anybody using FT buy shares in the main US defense companies but we cannot buy shares in the local equivalent business without jumping through some hoops?

1 Like

What @Eden is telling you is that trading in certain U.K. and EU companies is restricted by law. Many other countries have similar regulations and laws. This is not a Freetrade created restriction.

I quote for you from the relevant BAE form:

In the case of BAE SYSTEMS plc is required to ensure that no single foreign person is interested in more than 15% of its ordinary shares. In order to achieve this it is necessary for every shareholder to make a declaration as to whether or not they are foreign, as defined overleaf.

The precise percentage may vary according to the relevant regulation/law.

3 Likes

What happens if you are a dual national / multi national but one of those nationalities is British?

I’m :uk:and :romania:

*Ecluding the USA for W8-BEN reasons

Because the UK government doesn’t want foreign entities buying up the shares and owning our defence companies.

Given the present geopolitical situation, Nationality Declaration would be a sensible focus ‘for the country’. Whether it is the right time for FT is another matter.

:rocket: :bomb: :rocket: :space_invader: