NatWest Group - NWG - Share Chat

Good results !

1 Like

The market certainly agrees

1 Like

Could I flag a little hiccup to the board prefects please?

The NatWest stock page in the portfolio doesn’t link to this discussion page (leastways not for me). It goes to an ‘Oops …’ message.

2 Likes

It does look a little broken doesn’t it.

1 Like

It works! :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

I had a pop up when i looked at my app earlier that I half read about the Natwest Share Consolidation following the AGM yesterday.
I couldnt find the message again but from reading a little further into it it seems that as I only have 2 shares, I’ll lose them both and Natwest will give my cash to charity.

Have i understood this correctly or am i way off the mark?

Don’t know the exact answer to your question, but you can see the message again by going to your profile, click on contact us and the previous messages are all listed under there.

1 Like

You’ll still have one new share and will get paid for the fractional entitlement for your ‘existing’ second share.

2 Likes

Thanks for your replies. That makes more sense!

1 Like

…welcome to the community btw @Wh0am3ye :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Surely it’s your responsibility, and not Freetrade’s, to keep up with the news relating to shares you own?

5 Likes

Indeed it is and I didn’t claim otherwise. I simply asked for an explanation as I didn’t understand what I had read.
Thanks for your helpful comment though.

Hi @Wh0am3ye

The message I replied to, posted yesterday and has since been deleted, was from someone asking why they hadn’t been informed by Freetrade about the stock split before Friday.

I don’t know if that was your post or not as I can’t remember, but I think my response was perfectly reasonable given what the poster stated.

In which case I apologise as I hadn’t seen that message and your post appeared to be in response to me.

1 Like

No worries :+1:

My shares now show as a loss on my overall total. Will Freetrade adjust this to show the true lost/profit figures?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, probably not based on previous experience! (GSK, Haleon among others).

How do people go about, trying to workout there profit/ lose situation?

1 Like

Diy - I just add a note to my own records of the average purchase price and work it from there.

1 Like

Yes, it will get adjusted. This general issue has been flagged for resolution.

BTW, this price on split/consolidation it is not just a Freetrade issue: I have had a quick look at various other brokers and I see the same thing.

1 Like