New stocks!

We’d be happy to :smile: we collect everyone’s requests in the #stock-requests category so that other people can vote for them & help us prioritise what to add next.

You can vote for MARS here Marstons - MARS :ballot_box:

Here is the blog for new share additions?

2 Likes

Any news :muscle: Lyft :cowboy_hat_face:???

We won’t be adding Lyft (or any other stocks) this week, sorry! The update’s been a bit delayed but hopefully we’ll be ready to share it early next week.

2 Likes

Hopefully next week. Good to keep seeing growth

Hi everyone :wave: apologies for the slightly delayed update.

Since we began adding stocks to the app, we’ve given everyone access to over 50 new stocks, ETFs & trusts. Freetrade customers can now invest in the majority of the securities in the FTSE 250, along with over 120 US stocks from our Stock Universe.

We want to make investing accessible to everyone, particularly first-time investors & at this point, almost all of the best-known brands are available to invest in. So we’ve decided to reduce the frequency of stock additions in favour of building our own investment platform, which will enable us to add a lot more stocks, more easily.

But nevertheless we will continue giving you the most important new stocks! We still plan to add stocks from the big tech companies that IPO this year, like Lyft, Slack, Pinterest etc, as soon as we can.

When we add new stocks, we’ll let you know by updating the Stock Additions Wiki & sharing the news here, as well as on social media.[spoiler][/spoiler]

19 Likes

I just did a quick look at the trades I have in my SIPP and checked them in my freetrade app to see how many are available and could only see BA and Haliburton available.

Other key shares like WYNN, SLB, ENLC, XPO and FIZZ were all unavailable.

When are we likely to see a much wider scope of shares in this market ?

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex :wave: I’ve shared our latest update our plans for stock additions here so I’ve moved your post over, to keep all of the discussion in one place.

Just let us know if there’s anything else you’d like to know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:eyes: :popcorn:

9 Likes

:jeans: Levi
:blue_car: Uber
:red_car: Lyft
:pager: PagerDuty(?) or Slack(?)
:pushpin: Pinterest

5 Likes

Let’s hope soon! It’s been a while since any new ones were added!

After all the requests I’m very excited about this!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

When is it going to be made available on the app?

It says coming soon so probably the only timescale we will get at the moment

Good to see some progression. Exciting times.

3 Likes

is Freetrade going to start adding stocks on a regular basis again or are todays new stocks a one off.

1 Like

This is still our plan right now -

So your not looking at adding anymore new stocks until your new platform goes live. Do you have a timeline on when your looking to open the platform like is it going to be within the next 3 to 6 months.

That’s not quite what the post that I linked to says.

We don’t have a set timeframe yet but you can track our progress on the roadmap & we’ll share lots more updates, including timescales, as we get closer to the launch here.

ok thanks alex looking forward to your updates.

2 Likes