NFTs - Non Fungible Tokens - fad or the future?

It might, there is always a chance…

although having said that, please check out…

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/

and to add to that… my trading bots have not indicated the extreme volatility associated with such a pull-back (yet).

1 Like

NFTs summed up so beautifully…

9 Likes

New-Fangled Tulips?

3 Likes

Personally, I’d want to know how much rainforest was being destroyed to make sure I was getting value for money.

3 Likes

I think this too.

Although I’m not sure how it would work with standard copy right laws. Maybe it’s a potential way to unify ownership of digital assets like photographs etc.

While most NFTs are probably a fad the underlying technology could be extremely disruptive going forward, here is a great deep dive on NFTs - Power to the Person - Not Boring by Packy McCormick

1 Like

Ownership of digital games, music and movies.

1 Like

I’d like to see shares/votes/land/property/etc as nfts. would solve a few problems I’d think

3 Likes
1 Like

Personally I am keeping a watchful eye on Zookeeper now that they have announced their cross-game playable character NFTs. Have a small position but will double down if the launch goes well.

1 Like

Love this article :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Love the logo change from pirate to NFT bay … classic

1 Like

EA calls NFT and blockchain games ‘the future of our industry’

This feels like we’re nearing Dec 1999 to me - every company is now scrabbling for some tenuous link to the hot new technologies (blockchain, dao, nfts), money is pouring into the craziest schemes, and perceived popularity trumps quality.

1 Like

I think most profile picture NFTs look rubbish. I do like the penguins though and just announced their first community event in Miami https://twitter.com/Pudgy_Penguins/status/1461809949407907842?t=WlKQumTqAvL1s2-5qNXDaA&s=19

I like your penguin too, it’s pretty cool, sincerely. Not sure I’d pay lots for it, but I do like the social aspect of NFTs used as avatars or badges of belonging and the friendly communities with shared purpose. That’s the nice side to this.

I just wish the crypto and nft scene had fewer grifters and much less money involved. When badges cost $1k dollars or up that’s pretty exclusionary and also seems like a mlm scheme to me…

There are cheaper collections but I think the even more exclusionary factor is the gas fees on the ethereum network. I would love to see more NFT projects move to other chains. This also solves the other big criticism levelled against NFTs, the environmental impact.

There are NFTs with value and there are NFTs with little or no value. Where an NFT has IP rights associated to it then, in theory, you may be able to do something with it; where an NFT relates to a real world asset then again there is value. Collectibles may have value but I suspect that the majority will end up being worthless. As the market progresses and you can buy an actual Adidas shirt for your avatar, or drive a virtual Tesla, which you can then transfer between games, I can also see the value in that. A friend is making music as NFTs which has characteristics that change over time, or unlocks other features etc. Again, a use case with some value. It’s complex but an exciting space nonetheless.

1 Like