NIO Inc - NIO

(Kevin) #1

A very promising company whom have recently listed on the NYSE.

This was going to be my first investment had it been on the Freetrade app. Please look at adding this fund ASAP.

Google Finance

Nio Inc. - NIO
Nio - Chinese Tesla
(HP) #2

Nio is highly speculative though, I already get worried when people decide to have the core of their portfolios in Square, Tesla and Nio.

NIO is one year old Chinese Tesla, last quarter results are outstanding. As EVs are becoming prominent,huge potential for growth. Hope to see this on Freetrade at the earliest.

Their EP9 just got featured on The Grand Tour, is licensed in the GT Game and they’re racing this weekend in the ePrix in Mexico City; they now have offices globally, really hit the big time since their NextEV days. I’ve had to invest on another platform because for me this is simply to good an opportunity to pass up at the moment.

(Benjamin Barker) #5

NIO is a premium electric vehicle manufacturer that is based in China. For all intents and purposes, NIO is trying to emulate Tesla, since NIO is focused on building high-end electric vehicles. Sticking with this comparison, NIO is where Tesla was roughly six years ago, when TSLA was just starting to deliver its Model S vehicles to its customers. NIO’s first volume production car, the ES8, was delivered to its customers for the first time in June.
The long-term bull thesis on NIO looks compelling from a fundamental standpoint.

If you look at the numbers, NIO is doing with the ES8 what Tesla did with the Model S six years ago. NIO is just doing it better and faster. Deliveries for the Model S started in June 2012, while deliveries of the ES8 started in June 2018. In the first six months of its deliveries in 2012, Tesla delivered 2,600 Model S vehicles. NIO has already surpassed that number and expects to deliver 10,000 ES8 vehicles by the end of the year.

Moreover, and perhaps more importantly, Tesla had 12,200 Model S reservations shortly after it began delivering the vehicles. NIO now has 15,800 ES8 reservations.

They released their Annual Report yesterday. Gives FY figures as 12,775 produced and 11,348 delivered.

(Ali Karim) #7

The up and coming Chinese Tesla

1 Like
(Vladislav Kozub) #8

Hey Ali, I merged your suggestion with the existing one to consolidate the votes and avoid duplications :slight_smile:

1 Like