NIO - NIO - Share Chat

I’m gonna hold strong. I did say I’d give it 6 years but I’m nearly 3 years in now and showing nothing but - :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Give it time. 5 or more. Theirs latest car $70,000. So, it’s not going to fly off the shelves for low/mid income folk. Still only for rich

1 Like

A little over a month lster and my minus 50% is now minus 80% :person_facepalming:

:laughing: hahaha! Sorry, but this made me chuckle but hold strong laddie all will be good :+1:

Loving your optimism, my last buy was $24
I’d love to buy more but I’m wondering if will go lower or even eventually climb :ladder:

I started buyng at $5, i remember when it hit $68 i thought should i take a profit when it gets to $70, sadly that was never a option. I sold half when it hit $25 as i needed the cash and have been slowly buying more since then. Nio is a good company, European expansion seems to be going well, the big problem is they are Chinese and that brings other things into the mix. I am tempted to buy more as there is a good chance you could double your money fairly quickly but just a bit to scared at the moment. This guy is very good on YT with info on Nio and other Chinese stocks.

4 Likes

Results out. Half a billion quarterly loss is alarming even with $7b in cash. 50% increase in SGA makes more sense in the context of EU expansion than a whopping 150% increase in R&D.

On the plus side guidance is very strong.

1 Like

Half a year on and much weaker guidance. Vehicle margin collapsed to 5%.

Q2 sales guided at 10-15% down YoY.

A very ugly report. The company is clearly struggling to grow deliveries amid an uncertain macro picture in China. That might explain why it’s decided to invest in a fusion startup and launch a smartphone amid huge losses.

1 Like

Looks positive

3 Likes

Any suggestions as to why Nio has changed from NIO to NIO ADR?

American Depositary Receipts (“ADRs”). An ADR is a security that represents shares of non-U.S. companies that are held by a U.S. depositary bank outside the United States (“U.S.”).

I notice Nokia have done it as well.

2 Likes

Hasn’t it always been nio ADR? Tho

2 Likes

No, it was just NIO. It was just an observation so don’t think it really makes any difference in the long run. I hope :pray:

1 Like

It’s always been an ADR just been added to the title on Freetrade

2 Likes

This + 20k unit sales in July :heart_on_fire:

3 Likes
2 Likes

My shares are in the gutter

1 Like

Second that, that was the case for xpev but managed to make smidge of profit in end so hopefully same for this :crossed_fingers:t2:

I always found the idea of swappable batteries nice but largely needless and logistically complicated. Not to mention the huge amount of capital required for the batteries, swapping stations & batteries serving. All that on cars with a 5% profit margin.

Sleeping giant