Note to crowdfunding investors and AMA

:blush:

3 Likes

What’s happening with autopilot @adam? It’s not on your public roadmap, but it seems like a key development as it creates a lower point of entry for those who do not want to actively manage their portfolios

When can we expect this to happen? I know a few people who would love to invest in this way

8 Likes

I’m most proud of getting this far just with crowdfunding from our customers. Now that we have a VC on board I think it is nice validation for our early crowdfunding investors who saw what Freetrade could become before the rest of the world, and without following an institutional investor or angel group lead.

After making the decision to bring a VC on board, I can’t imagine a better parter for us right now than Draper Esprit. We couldn’t be more aligned in our missions and you just need to look at their investment portfolio to see the depth of experience in European consumer fintech. I’m really excited about what the next stage will bring.

12 Likes

Count me as one that wants to use the feature, too. It’s something we’re working on but don’t have details to release right now, which is why it’s not on the public roadmap yet.

1 Like

We’re still growing fast from organic and referral (Free Share), and are always working to improve these channels. We are also experimenting with social ads, but we’ll never over-rely on paid channels for growth. Product-led growth is our priority and we have a whole cross-functional team working on it tirelessly.

3 Likes

Which round was it considered part of? 4 or 5? The dilution will be different depending on the share price offered.

2 Likes

In the UK the NI number can be found on your payslip, P60, P11d, P45, most HMRC correspondence including coding notices and most benefits that includes state pension I think. It is also on your UK tax return if you are self employed. Really shouldn’t be too hard for people to find. If you aren’t receiving any money from any sources then why are you on an investing platform?

Been a while since I signed up, but could we list various sources at this sign in bit to help these would-be customers?

5 Likes

Thanks @adam for this update!
I’ve invested in the first round and it’s been a wonderful adventure to follow through the years. I can’t wait to see how things will develop from now on. I wish you all the best of luck and I am eager to sign up and get the word out the moment you launch in :fr: !

I still had an important question though
 do you guys have a special silicon valley gif stash somewhere? :thinking:

3 Likes

Hi @adam,

I saw :freetrade: have more followers in LinkedIn rather than facebook , did you considered advertising in LinkedIn also apart from Facebook ?

As LinkedIn have more professionals and working class people.

6 Likes

Great news and brilliant to get a respected vc like that.

Any different terms than the other investors in the round? Any preference shares or alike?

Look forward to seeing the rollout to more countries. Is user count increasing steadily?

2 Likes

Hey Adam - in addition to looking fwd to fractional shares, one thing I’d like to see is a ‘Watchlist’ or ‘shortlist’ option to keep track of interesting stocks and get quick access to the profiles.

Any plan to work on something like this? Can imagine it being useful especially if you decide to start collaborating with newsfeeds or other APIs

2 Likes

Hope Adam doesn’t mind me jumping in to answer this one, but have you seen:

5 Likes

The share price was the same as the most recent/R5 crowdfunding. 95.6004p per share.

2 Likes

@Viktor makes them custom

2 Likes

Hypothetical question but if you were to raise again tomorrow what share price would you hope to achieve given progress over the last 3+ months?

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, thanks. We’re still only testing, and will definitely look at other paid channels for effectiveness in getting the word out about Freetrade.

2 Likes

Thanks for the details @adam - have been following with interest since my first R2 investment and super pleased with the progress you and the team have made. Am assuming that Draper have negotiated some special class of shares from the way you seem to be avoiding answering this question however would be great to understand what additional rights they have? I’d assume that this will come out via companies house anyway in due course?

3 Likes

I’ve made a couple of referrals but neither have been taken up. In both cases the people concerned have felt trepidation about investing in the stock market and the possibility of losing money (maybe it’s because they are Yorkshiremen!).

I see this a lot and it’s a difficult sell
 many people that I encounter have an inherent fear of the stock market and a reticence to invest.

How do you plan to overcome this and “Make Freetrade Sexy” :tm: ?

2 Likes

Great, thanks for clarifying

My referrals haven’t taken up either YET. They are worried because Freetrade are new and want to see if it can make money to survive. I however have maxed out my Freetrade ISA. If we all sit on our hands and wait nothing will happen. I’ve had the same concerns but FSCS protection and the app being what I’ve been searching around for forever gave me faith that others will want the same.
Trust is the most important thing Freetrade can build.

6 Likes