Notifications - Push ( Mobile App ) + E-Mail

Push & E-Mail notifications

Edit I’ll try to collate any comments mentioning specific notification types here

Freetrade is Out :fire: Share your first thoughts once you get access!
Freetrade is Out :fire: Share your first thoughts once you get access!
(Alex Sherwood) #2

Nice idea, which things in particular would you like to receive notifications for?

Account funds withdrawn/added, Basic Trades, and Intercom responses.

(Vladislav Kozub) #4

Intercom responses are being emailed already if you are not in the app. But push notifications once basic trades are complete would be handy :slight_smile:

Not 100% sure but I think the general announcement notifications are not emailed.

Seeing new stock request as notifications would be cool as well.

A notification if a trade has failed and/or is about to fail if the price has increased since you placed the order too

(Chris) #7

Push notifications are top of my want list.

Notification when a dividend is received.

(Emma) #9

How does that process normally work?

(Luke Bebbington) #10

Being able to set price alerts for stocks would be great. e.g. if price drops below £x send me an alert. Similar to limit orders but a notification instead.

(Alex Sherwood) #11

Idea from Intercom -

Users should receive a notification once onboarding is complete, if their ID checks aren’t completed straight away.

(Kenny Grant) #12

That would be great. At this stage I don’t think you can’t overdo the notifications as long as they are iOS ones, not texts or emails - notifications for key stages in the on boarding process, then all transactions (including dividends, would be lovely to get a dividend notification). As long as you can turn them off (ideally with some granularity), I don’t think anyone would object to them.

I do hate all those emails from HL about every trade though, so am assuming this is ios notifications only, not texts or emails. I also didn’t like the intercom chats leaking out to email and would like to be able to turn that off - as email is an insecure channel you should not really be sending financial details of any kind over email, which makes email notifications pretty useless. I’d hope that in-house you are not sending intercom stuff to email.

Notification once top up payment added to account. Saves having to constantly check app.