NPS (Net Promoter Score)

On mobile, the chat icon gets on the way of 9 & 10 votes wrt feedbackā€¦ (itā€™s a minor point but not sure if youā€™re aware of it)

3 Likes

Thanks, fix coming!

2 Likes

Posted without comment.

3 Likes

@DannyJ awesome discussion material!

2 Likes

Reckon it would be useful if your alternative was be justā€¦ guessing. And I could see it a useful weak signal of intent once youā€™re at scale. But solid user research much better obv :slight_smile:

1 Like

The consensus is clearly that Jaredā€™s wrong - the NPS is one of the most commonly used performance indicators - so if you have evidence heā€™s right, it would be great to see it!

1 Like

Thanks, what an unexpected (in a good way!) conversation starter.

As @anon2636484 says, Jared seems to misunderstand what NPS does. Reading that thread, he challenges the idea you could have a conversation with the customer based on the score and feedback. Not sure why he thinks that? Thatā€™s literally what NPS is for.

This is the tweet where it gets strange.

weird

Anyway.

We ran the test because we are building a customer-centric company. For that, we have to do the instrumentation now, so we have a solid process by the time we have customers.

We still have to go through the data, but numbers look great. :pray:

There is some good feedback, which weā€™ll use to start conversations and explore more!

Goal is to continue to live up to this:

cust

7 Likes

My grammar is terrible so not one to judge but I like the irony of a statement about attention to detail with a mistake :joy:, not sure where you got the screen grab from but I am assuming itā€™s supposed to say ā€˜best in classā€™?

2 Likes

Oopsā€¦ Forgot to stop the autocorrectā€¦ ā€œbest in classā€ it should have read.

4 Likes

Am I the only one underwhelmed by mobile keyboards? :thinking: These products have access to everything I type (swipe), and more data, but they still insert ā€˜cabā€™ about every time I want ā€œcanā€.

3 Likes

I never use my laptop anymore and yes I am constantly thinking ā€˜surely all these AI/machine learning advancements could be put to better use on phone keyboards and predictive sentencingā€™ :+1:

2 Likes

Well done to Monzo:

Wild but unsurprising that the average NPS of banks was +4! :frowning:

The quick test we did on Friday resulted in +67 for Freetrade, although thatā€™s only 85 responses which weā€™ve had while testing implementation, so weā€™ll have better data.

Some of my favourite comments:

RELEASE IT ON ANDROID RIGHT NOW :smiley:

canā€™t wait for the App to be live and want to see Freetrade dominate this space.

Find the right balance between reaching perfection and speed of

Keeping up the good work!!! Looking forward to the launch! :wink:

Clone the team

This is amazing. All comments are shared with the whole team via Slack!

9 Likes

Also fair to say that many 0s for Freetrade could be simple due to the time taken to release the app, hence not objective judgements.

2 Likes

Given the definitions below, wouldnā€™t Freetrade be at least as interested in subjective judgements as ā€œobjectiveā€ judgments? If time delay wrt launch is significant enough for a potential customer to cast a low score then surely this is useful information that shouldnā€™t be disregarded?

2 Likes

Indeed, it was not the best adjective to use. The scores are not always fair and relevant to the question asked. Most likely those who put 0, are too excited and impatient themselves, otherwise, they would not have bothered to visit the page in the first place.

This while NPS would have been more relevant once the product is available, as the feedback will be more meaningful then.

I also love the way you contest everything, I started doing it at work myself recently and is quite nice to see othersā€™ frustration to an extent :smile:

1 Like

Thereā€™s an tricky balance to strike here, of course you donā€™t want to just take everything at face value. But in my personal experience, assuming good intentions & trying to understand the logic behind what / people say / do, enables you to learn much more about how they make stuff work. And you find that at certain companies, people really are acting with good intentions.

Once you understand how stuff works, you can have much more constructive conversations, which ultimately means you end up in a position where you earn peopleā€™s respect & get to make those decisions yourself..

Itā€™s not a question of drinking the kool-aid. Itā€™s about trying to figure out why, rather than trying to shoot stuff down just because you donā€™t understand it.

4 Likes

Is this an indirect/direct comment wrt me? Just want to clarify this because I will have to respond if so.

1 Like

That is to the people that give 0s without stating constructive reasons. Relax! :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™m relaxed. I just see thatā€™s heā€™s qouted your comment about me ā€œcontesting everythingā€ so itā€™s a valid question. :thinking:

1 Like

Itā€™s my advice for everyone & anyone whoā€™s interested, who wants to have a positive impact in these communities & maybe even get themselves a job in FinTech :slight_smile:

5 Likes