Associated British Foods Plc - ABF

Allied British Foods - I think this would be a good addition to Freetrade, Everyone needs to eat :slightly_smiling_face: Primark is also quite popular.

Itā€™s already on the app.

Associated British Foods though I think its listed as.

3 Likes

Oops, didnā€™t realise it was Already listed, my apologies.

Iā€™m surprised there wasnā€™t a thread for this already. Though as popular as Primark is I donā€™t think many people realise itā€™s owned by ABF.

Toby did a smashing review of ABF:

And hereā€™s @DavidK with the latest analysis:

From the most recent article:

Plus, as one of the few remaining members on the UKā€™s dwindling high-street, Primarkā€™s likely going to benefit from the thinned out physical retail scene. The fatā€™s been trimmed, now that many former kingpins from Debenhams to Topshop have boarded up shop.

Is this an accurate assessment? The prevailing wisdom is that having a choice attracts shoppers. Will a lone Primark in a retail park surrounded by vacant units be enough of a draw to bring out the shoppers or will more of them just go straight to online where Primark stubbornly refuses to establish a presence?

A couple of articles on earnings report and the special dividend

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/ab-foods-to-pay-special-dividend/ar-AAQu1y8

If i hold an ABF share, do I get this ā€˜special dividendā€™? Thanks

Hi @rmill21 :ocean: welcome to the community and great question.

Iā€™ve started doing a weekly round up of what dividends are expected for the week ahead called Cash Taco, itā€™s probably worth touching in on a Tuesday when I upload that as itā€™ll be covered.

The Ā£ABF special dividend is 34.3p per share & you need to hold the shares until 16th December at least, this is ex-dividend date. Youā€™ll get the money around 14th January 2022. You donā€™t need to do anything that else.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested but Iā€™m more interested in the food retail side of the business rather then the Primark side of the business.