Boohoo - BOO - - Share Chat

No idea mate, but I believe it will be exciting. Let’s see.

2 Likes

I really hope they solve this issue. I really dislike un-ethical companies… But I don’t know if Boohoo was involved in the unethical and illegal practices or if its just its suppliers. It’s terrible if they were involved in paying under minimum wage.
Any thoughts?

1 Like

I agree with you. I also don’t like investing in companies with poor management practices, but maybe this whole situation will serve for the company to review its production chain.

1 Like

I try to take a long term view on company ethics. My take is that whilst Boohoo is certainly engaged in unethical practices today, I believe that no business can do so sustainably over a long term period. In other words, I believe Boohoo 20 years from now will have figured out how to become a far more ethical company, or died.

Fast fashion juggernaut zara has become a massive success despite similar (worse, even) controversies, but that won’t work for any players going forwards.We live in an increasingly socially and environmentally conscious society, and I think this will continue to manifest in consumer behaviour. As we’ve heard, the leicester scandal has already affected BOO’s business prospects (delisting from zalando, next, etc.). Fast fashion can (and has to) be done ethically imo.

3 Likes

I was first off suprised me booho clothes were been made in the UK. But I don’t think It will hurt them in the long run. Look at the recent controvises for wokers at Amazon warehouses and sports direct.
On political, social ecomonic point, I like how this factory is getting a lot of press because its in a “poor area” with a high ethnic minority population. While the farm in Herefordshire, which will be using a EU migrant wokers,potentialy living in caravans onsite and been charged by the owners out of thier wages for living there. No negative news as such

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I’m loading up on shares and anticipating a standout outperformance when results are announced (30th, i think?).

What’re you expecting to see?

I luckily bought in at the bottom. Then topped up last week when it went 10% down. Results ought to be good (in line with ASOS) if they aren’t then we can expect shares to crash quite quickly

2 Likes

Boohoo published the full report ( Independent Review into the boohoo Group PLC’s Leicester supply chain by Alison Levitt QC ) ahead of the next update due next week.

3 Likes

sent it share price up by about 15%. Not surpring really as they basically said no fault

2 Likes

Do I sell at 400p and bag 60% or hold :thinking:

I had a quick look earlier and the report shows failings. It could be argued that they could have published less with a summarised version but they published the full, extensive report. They have been more transparent than I thought they would be.

Glad I bought some more when it was down at £2.12 a share.

3 Likes

no just no fault which is always key

Strong results. Market already priced this in when they released that report 5 days back

3 Likes

Yeah I think it was mostly priced in and imagine there will be some profit taking today.

1 Like

Oh Boohoo

1 Like

More opportunities to get in before the next rally! (?)