BP 🛢 - BP - Share Chat

Can BP stock be bought on Freetrade? I can’t find it when I search BP nor BP.L

Yep it is called BP and available :+1:

1 Like

When you search bp it is actually 6th on list on my phone

2 Likes

https://seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3679394-bp-hits-35b-debt-target-ahead-of-schedule-with-buybacks-likely-coming

1 Like

Interesting

1 Like

BP p.l.c. (LSE:BP.) agreed to acquire US solar development assets from 7x Energy, Inc. for $220 million on June 1, 2021. The transaction is expected to be completed in 30 days. (Simplywallstreet).

3 Likes
2 Likes

Good news, this is one of the UK stocks I have the greatest long-term confidence in for making a big return… Not just because of return to fossil fuel use post-COVID, but because they seem to be eager to pivot hard into green energy whilst keeping their original business viable.

3 Likes

They have the money/history to force themselves to the front of the clean energy market along with others by buying out smaller companies so a good long term in my view :+1:

3 Likes
2 Likes

“BP investors are set for £4bn payout as the price of oil rallies” BP investors are set for £4bn payout as the price of oil rallies

3 Likes

great news

2 Likes

Does this mean the dividend yield is going to grow by 4% a year? So it would be over 9% if happens :roll_eyes: is that correct in my thinking :thinking:

That’s not how percentages work. :wink: What you’re describing is an increase by 4 percentage POINTS, not by 4 percent.
If a dividend yield of 5% corresponds to ÂŁ1 dividend, then a growth of 4% would give you ÂŁ1.04 and the new dividend yield would be 5.2%.

5 Likes

Ah ok thanks get you! They did say percentage points but they probably don’t have to :rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

Slightly worried when I glanced at Google, but it seems they’ve got GBP and GBX confused!

1 Like

Up 9% in the last 7 days, glorious.

5 Likes

Is this the stock price or the price per Litre? :wink:

7 Likes

It’s not far from it tbh :joy::joy::joy::joy: