Bristol-Myers Squibb ($BMY) - Share Chat

Haven’t seen a thread for this one, not sure if it’s a little under the radar at the moment.

The Simply Wall St snowflake is huge!

Any holders?

2 Likes

One of my largest holdings. Absolutely love this company. I’ve done work before with Celgene and they’re set to merge very soon. They’re also undergoing an “aggresive” share repurchase which is great for investors. Some Celgene news in the press release too

In connection with this authorization, Bristol-Myers Squibb has entered into accelerated share repurchase (ASR) agreements with Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Barclays Bank PLC to repurchase, in aggregate, $7 billion of Bristol-Myers Squibb common stock. Bristol-Myers Squibb expects to fund the repurchase with cash on-hand. Approximately 80 percent of the shares to be repurchased under the transaction will be received by Bristol-Myers Squibb on November 27, 2019. The total number of shares ultimately repurchased under the program will be determined upon final settlement and will be based on a discount to the volume-weighted average price of Bristol-Myers Squibb’s common stock during the ASR period. Bristol-Myers Squibb anticipates that all repurchases under the ASR will be completed by the end of the second quarter of 2020.

Edit: I see this as a buy and hold for forever and I’ll be adding to my position as my portfolio grows

2 Likes
1 Like

I first bought BMY over a year ago, added a bit more when it was like 30% down. It is good to finally see some profit.

Up 5.6% since I bought in on Dec 2nd. Nice after slipping backwards on most holdings recently

1 Like

I’m up 18% but I will be adding more and more. Love this stock!!! They are getting so big as well than rather than doing their own R&D they will just buy out smaller biotechs

Edit: I’d love if they buy Amarin or another one of my holdings Esperion Therapeutics. Both up 40+% for me so they will have to be bought at a premium! Synergy :money_mouth_face:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bristol-myers-squibb-receives-european-115900423.html

Seen this? BMY have a non chemo based treatment for Lymphoma, a type of blood cancer. The treatment has now been approved by the EU and FDA, one of the drugs has a 20 year patent.

2 Likes

Became my largest individual stock holding yesterday. Bought a few more

1 Like

Anyone get their dividend yet?

1 Like

I got it on another platform on the 4th at 7am should be there by now

Pay day was the 3rd. Hopefully not long before Freetrade distributes the cash

Bristol-Myers Squibb Company(NYSE:BMY) dropped from Russell 1000 Growth Index

Bristol-Myers Squibb Company(NYSE:BMY) dropped from Russell Top 200 Growth Index

Bristol-Myers Squibb Company(NYSE:BMY) dropped from Russell Top 50 Index

~ SimplyWallSt