Disney - DIS - Share Chat

Walt Disney (DIS)
:slight_smile:

Big times ahead for Disney. Once the fox deal is finalised and they launch their streaming service they are going to see huge profits.

Plus anything that has such strong brand presence, history and ownership of characters going forward is likely to mean success.

1 Like

I don’t want to start a “Slow Internet” issue again but the current short description is “Princesses, Spiderman, Darth Vader” however Sony still has the cinematic rights to Spiderman. It might be best to swap out for Iron Man, seeing as he kicked off the MCU?

Just a thought

1 Like

They own all rights to Spider-Man, toys, comics, games, except for movies which they have a sharing deal with. Whilst the MCU is clearly a big money maker, it’s only one medium and I think people get it regardless.

True, like a said just a thought

Just noticed the Disney one is incorrect. Should be Spider-Man.

7 Likes

Thanks, I’ve fixed that for you :raised_hands:

You may have to force quit & reopen the app in order to see the change.

3 Likes

Thought Spider-Man rights were owned by Sony? :thinking:

It’s Marvel which is owned by Disney now, but the TV/Film rights are with Sony for now. Marvel wanted to buy the rights back but that didn’t happen. I think Sony own a few more Marvel characters as well.

It’s complicated :sweat_smile:

the character is currently being shared by three studios: Sony Pictures, Marvel Studios, and Disney

Quote from here.

2 Likes

I think Fantastic Four might be Sony too? I could also be talking garbage. :wastebasket: :joy:

You’re so DC :wink:

Fantastic Four is 20th Century Fox

Sony does have 900 Marvel characters though, but no one knows which ones :joy: I know about Spider-man, Venom, and I guess the bosses in those films like Green Goblin.

Thinking about it maybe this is why Spider-man hasn’t had Kingpin ( Wilson Fisk ) in the films.

It’s true haha… I love DC Knights

DC heroes are so much more badass!

2 Likes

Thank you for all for your votes! We’ve now launched US stocks which means that Disney is included in our Stock Universe :clapper:

Feel free to create a new #investing-and-markets topic or get involved in the discussion in one of the existing topics & share your thoughts about Disney’s future with the community :speech_balloon:

Don’t think theres an open topic for Disney currently:

Earnings miss:

5 Likes

Also Disney bundle (Disney+ and ESPN + and Hulu) priced at $12.99. Same as Netflix standard plan

3 Likes