Disney - DIS - Share Chat

When there’s a correction of some sort I’ll look to add more, it’s my number one holding right now and I see no reason at all to change that! The streaming service and how they will be able to implement AI and Augmented Reality will be interesting in the next 5-10 years.

2 Likes

It’s just moved to my number one holding (after my ETFs), Barclays has led for such a long time, it’s nice to see a new name at the top.

1 Like

Not a bad choice as a top holding lads. Disney is such a great company and a great one to own. I’ll join the ranks soon!

1 Like

They need to do something about this

Up 35% since Jan :raised_hands: :money_mouth_face: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

What a year. This is Netflix year-to-date:

1 Like

I sold Disney yesterday. By their own admission Dis+ isn’t going to generate profits for years, if it ever does (see other streaming platforms lack of profits). Stock is bullish now, but when the earnings reports hit and streaming is a cash cow I’m not sure it’ll last, so took yesterday’s profit and go out. Happy to watch this on the sidelines (and watch The Mandalorian, which was FANTASTIC!)

1 Like

Dis+ is but one of the company’s many many ventures so I’m holding onto my (so far) one share in Disney long term!

And yes, the Mandalorian was excellent!

2 Likes

I sold my Disney shares yesterday as well. They said they have signed up 10M users already to Disney Plus which is pretty amazing. I’ll have to wait a couple months for the official UK launch but i’m sure that I’ll be signing up to their service as well.

I’m holding onto mine as well, I reckon they are a good long term hold

1 Like

The response to Disney+ has been good and I will be subscribing. It certainly has better long term prospects than Netflix but I really don’t want to bet on an industry which is lossmaking and unsustainable. I mainly got into Disney for the Fox acquisition so I might sell soon.

For me Disney isn’t a bet on their streaming platform, it’s such a huge corporation with a diverse range of businesses. IMO They’ll do OK even if the streaming platform doesn’t

3 Likes

100% agree. People often overlook that they own theme parks as well

1 Like

Has been posted before, but Disney has it’s fingers in a lot of pies.

8 Likes

Top notch

Interesting video breaking down the Disney price here:

2 Likes

DIS once again seems to be proving it can’t hold a price. 150 down to 144, let’s see if this week maintains that downward trend. For everyone who got out at 144+, excellent trading :wink:

Given that ‘holding a price’ is something no stock has ever done in the existence of stock markets, this does not come as a surprise :wink:

1 Like

Semantics. “Holding a price” as in “maintaining a new high”, which in my time holding Disney they have been shockingly poor at.

It’s pretty much at an all time high and significantly higher than it was a month ago, nothing goes up forever without dropping back occasionally

1 Like