Greatland Gold - GGP - Share Chat

My guess would be that if you want to buy such a ridiculous amount of shares in one go, you are forced to pay a premium.

1 Like

They must see some real potential in it to pay that kind of premium. Anyway good news congrats to all

2 Likes

Always the same before news mm’s dropping the price to kick in peoples stop losses and get people to sell and then sweep up all their shares on the cheap before the rise

2 Likes

I’m learning more about the stock market as each day passes, and it’s crazy to think that this is a thing - unbelievably clever on behalf of the mm’s.

2 Likes

They worked the price down so the fund could buy in as cheaply as possible. Hope nobody sold on the drop! I just bought more :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

13 Likes

I bought more when it dropped below 22, now just wondering how much higher it can climb!

1 Like

I think we could be looking at at least 45p by Christmas!

3 Likes

I agree with Pazza.

Next week will most likely be very volatile, no idea what it will do on open, I suspect it will be very volatile. The key here is the medium to long-term, we are now at a stage where Scally results could drop at any time and we can also expect updated broker notes very soon. Gervaise Heddle, the CEO, is a smart cookie. I would not be at all surprised to see a scally RNS of sorts dropped mid-week to deter any retrace following the SP fireworks over the past few weeks. If the Scally results are positive, which given the similar geophysical signature to Havieron, many have suggested positive results are likely. It should set the SP up for further fireworks towards the end of the year, especially given that Newcrest have confirmed that there will be a resource estimate at Havieron by the end of the year.

7 Likes

Positive news article/hype for GGP suggesting more fund managers could start buying in. I’d say the author doesn’t know about the GDXJ fund buying in which was clearly the big 3% buy at the close of play. But here’s hoping the current valuation does bring GGP to the attention of some big funds.

4 Likes

David Lenigas (somebody who knows what they’re talking about) reckons GGP’s Havieron site is a once in a lifetime find.

He also thinks the whole surrounding area could be rich with resources and talks about a few other junior miners in the area.

8 Likes

hopefully catch the second wave surge as loaded up on black Monday also took on Go-ahead group which i,d waiting on the £6 mark so hopefully the market has bottomed out today . :

1 Like

Nope it would appear not !

3 Likes

Brutal bashing on the SP this week! I’ve had my gains halved so far. It’s nuts.

I definitely didn’t expect it when all those orders went through at 27p last week! Thought it would be 30p+ now. If it goes below 20p I will top up.

Edit: and 15 mins later it is below 20p, what on earth is going on

1 Like

Happily topped up.

1 Like

Lot’s of talk on LSE and the Telegram GGP chat about the market makers doing a ‘tree shake’ (as they call it) to get some cheaper shares back onto the market for the big boys to buy in bulk.

Cannot tell if that kind of thing is real or not, sound borderline illegal to me - but maybe I just need to do some research on how it works.

1 Like

I’m not convinced it does work, loads of these conspiracy theories around manipulation if something drops when everyone is expecting it to go up People seem to think there are secret algorithms that can just move the price to wherever JPM or Goldman Sachs want it. I don’t think it’s as simple as that.

The truth is when everyone is expecting something to just carry on up indefinitely is the most dangerous time to buy.

There’s a reason Junior miners are considered high risk. these kind of movements are not surprising in the least

11 Likes

Yeah the level of euphoria among retail investors has been crazy on this one (I mean just look at this thread alone), which is always a massive red flag.

Getting retail investors enthused is the first part of pump and dump. You need enough people believing the only way is up (and I’d certainly say that was the case last week with this one) for smart money to dump their positions into.

I know nothing about this stock, maybe this is just a temporary setback following some clever price manipulation and it’ll have another massive spike, but using Occam’s razor it feels more likely this is just yet another of 2020’s massive pump and dumps rather than some grand conspiracy.

8 Likes

An interesting short article. I always take anything said on LSE with a pinch of salt, people will push their own agendas most of the time.

I’m holding for now as I hope it to shoot up in the coming weeks

2 Likes

Very interesting read, and explains a lot of the stuff I’ve been reading on LSE and other places.

For those that click the link and can’t read the article (paywall) - just google the headline and you can read it all for free.

1 Like