GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH) - Share Chat

GW Pharmaceuticals (Ticker GWPH) is a British biopharmaceutical company known for its multiple sclerosis treatment product nabiximols which was the first natural cannabis plant derivative to gain market approval in any country. Another cannabis-based product, Epidiolex, for treatment of epilepsy was approved for treatment of epilepsy in 2018.

https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=NASDAQ:GWPH

Absolutely got to agree with this, MMJ medical Marijuana is taking off! Now is a good time to invest …

1 Like

I’d love to invest most my money into this:)

1 Like

UK based CBD pharma. Please add!!

1 Like

Any news on this?

Bump too!

1 Like

Bump… :slight_smile: I just committed to this platform, because of the positive talks of cannabis stocks becoming available. I shall upvote on all the requests. GW pharma is a no brainier for UK company, in CBD and medical use.

Would love to see on the platform…

1 Like

And/or the Rize Medical Cannabis ETF?

2 Likes

What happened to this? It’s featured in the latest Freetrade email but I can’t find it on the app.

Are you looking on isa or basic? It should be in the basic

Ah I was in my ISA, thanks.

Wasn’t aware there were different stocks on basic vs ISA. Why is that?

In short, governmental regulations

Edit:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/375474/isa-guidance-notes.pdf

3 Likes

HMRC regulations, to be exact.

HMRC have list of criteria what stocks can or cannot be in an ISA, and FT follows that same as any other broker.

2 Likes

Why has this cratered 20%? I can’t see any bad news in the results apart from one analyst claiming bad physician feedback.

Just got sold for $7.2bn

CBDX/CBDP LN has a 14% allocation to GWP. shot up 10% today

1 Like

I see this company has been bought out - there was a message in the app telling me about it, but since I closed the message I don’t have any info available any more.

Should the buy-out money be in my Freetrade account, because at the moment it just shows that I have Jazz Pharma shares down 90% on what I paid (it’s messing up my portfolio stats!)

1 Like

Yeah I have no idea what has happened either.

The money presumably from the GW sale appeared in my cash to withdraw and I now have 0.66 of a share of Jazz which is apparently down 80% despite not actually buying it.

Don’t think this process has been thought through well enough because I cannot work out what’s gone on.

I’m not really sure if I received the sale cash. It doesn’t show anything in the activity tab and that is the only place listing transactions I can find anywhere… they really need to improve this

1 Like

I also had nothing in my activity feed - but a sum appeared in withdrawble cash under the Account section. I’ve withdrawn it (it’s not hit my account yet), and that action is now listed in Activity.

Beyond that nothing to show I’d sold GW shares or ever owned them and I’m none the wiser as to why it’s showing I am down 80% on a fractional stock I didn’t buy.