Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited - SONG

1 Like

All the news today!

2 Likes
1 Like

Hipgnosis Songs Fund Ltd LON: SONG

The company that aims to own 15% -20% of the overall music publishing market.

This already exists - vote on the other thread to keep the votes together!

1 Like

Here’s the original thread:Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited (SONG) - Share Chat

1 Like

Thanks, have voted on the other post!

Now that the C share conversion is complete, and just trading as SONG, any chance of this being added to FT?

1 Like

RNS today that SONG will be added to the FTSE 250 later this month.

Looking to see this on FT soon I hope

4 Likes

Keen on this one, thanks for this thread for the discovery. Hope it’s in the first big batch coming.

1 Like

Tried to buy some on another platform this morning and getting this message:
“We are unable to provide you with a cost disclosure document at the moment. By regulation, we are unable to allow purchases in this instrument”

Tried again after 5 minutes and message cleared and completed the buy.
Hope to see SONG on FT soon

1 Like

Yes, please, can we get this on Freetrade ASAP?

It’s one of the best plays for exposure in the music industry ATM.

1 Like

https://citywire.co.uk/investment-trust-insider/news/hipgnosis-songs-delivers-a-hit-from-lockdown-easy-listening/a1363886

Hope this is available soon!

1 Like

Has been on request for over a year now - would have been good to buy it on FT when it was in the 80s in March 2020

1 Like

They are doing a raise with primary bid but unfortunately it’s not possible to connect with Freetrade

1 Like

With the latest quarterly dividend announced today of 1.25p

The costs for this are astronomical, almost 2.5%

2 Likes

There is lots to love about this stock: experienced & well-networked management, great IP (tracks with ‘proven’ income streamm, acquired at reasonable prices) and the rise of streaming/the experience economy (live performances, etc).

I’m glad to see financial discipline in their reports; even great IP can’t overcome a horrid balance sheet. Take EMI’s (Queen, The Beatles, etc) demise for instance.

Sadly, I agree with @MalaiseForever - the costs are completely prohibitive; It pushes me to an impossibly low target price.

It’s a shame, as there aren’t any music publishing pure-plays on the market, but there’s Vivendi (Universal Music), Warner Music, ViacomCBS, etc for similar plays.

1 Like

Agreed the costs are high - would be good to have a better understanding of the advisory costs and can imagine the legal costs in ensuring the rights are acquired correctly are high. Am showing around a 20% rise to date plus the quarterly dividend so happy to sit with this for now.

Have literally discovered this thread and company. Sounds exactly like the business i’d have loved to create. Payments from music royalties are perpetual depending on the songs and from what i’ve read Hipgnosis now owns an amazing back catalogue which also includes 70% of Mark Ronson’s music. I’ve gotta say, I love that dude’s music!

Please Freetrade, add this stock.