iShares USD Treasury Bond 20+ Year GBP Hedged UCITS ETF - DTG

iShares USD Treasury Bond 20+yr UCITS ETF

Hedged - IDTG

IDTG is up about 15-20% from Jan so far and rising fast as equities droppingā€¦

God we need this badly. Freetrade is massively lacking in Bond ETFs and Commodity ETFs.

2 Likes

ā€œIā€

Ftfy

(9 characters)

I donā€™t want to talk numbers but I have people who I have convinced to move major portfolios into Freetrade. However, they wonā€™t until more Bond and Commodity ETFs exist on the platform. Therefore, I think ā€˜weā€™ is appropriate. My main portfolio is also not on Freetrade for this same reason.

Have to get them on the forum to vote then, because at the moment it looks like no-one is interested. If no-one is interested it wonā€™t be prioritised.

I get the whole voting thing but with the new Invest platform we are moving towards all US + UK shares. As that completes the ETF universe should be expanded. For a company which is meant to be opening up the market to amateurs, not having hedged ETFs and more bond ETFs seems like an oversight.

3 Likes

Agreed. Severely lacking options atm, particularly for a looming downturn. I expect many people on here do not know what the next 12 months has in store for us. Personally, I donā€™t see equities being the answerā€¦

ā€œNo-one is interestedā€ or no-one uses Freetrade to create a diverse portfolioā€¦ unless they consider a wide selection of equities as being diverseā€¦

1 Like

No-one does, but Iā€™m not really bothered about the next 12 months, Iā€™m more interested in the next 25 years.

Thatā€™s rubbish. Iā€™m chasing dignity in retirement, bonds canā€™t offer me that.

Regardless, I hope it gets sufficient votes to put itself onto Freetrades radar.

1 Like

I am glad to find someone else who seems to share my views. I do not see how you can use Freetrade as the sole provider for a balanced portfolio without more hedged ETFs, more Bond ETFs and more Commodity ETFs.

1 Like

So far this year bonds have outperformed equities. A good portfolio involves cycling through asset classes in order to preserve wealth as well as grow it. To recover form a 50% fall in value you need a 100% gain. If part of your portfolio can avoid this then, overall, you will accumulate wealth faster.

No thatā€™s pretty terrible advice. Most people should not be actively managing their portfolios in this way. The vast majority of actively managed funds fall way short of just tracking the S&P and theyā€™re doing exactly what youā€™re advocating. If professionals canā€™t do it, dedicating all their time to it, a retail investor should stay well clear, you canā€™t time the market.

That might be your way of doing things, but that does not necessarily make a good portfolio.

Yeah weā€™re in a downturn / correction. Youā€™d expect bonds to have performed better.

Iā€™m muting the thread now.

3 Likes

Can people still vote for this option if the thread is muted?

I feel we desperately need some diversification options for Freetrade. And long gov bonds are king in a recession / potential recessionā€¦

Itā€™s a personal setting. The threadā€™s still here, itā€™s only muted for the person who doesnā€™t want to see it any more.

1 Like

I would also like to see some more US Treasury ETFs. You have my vote.

1 Like

Why bonds are going up as well as stocks?