ITM Power - ITM - Share Chat

This stock has been on a tear for me. Too bad I only put in about £30.

3 Likes

We did it!

3 Likes

1.06 now!!!

1 Like

I was planning on dripping in but so glad I didn’t now!!! Well played to everyone that got it at 70p but, amazing!

2 Likes

Crazy to think I picked up a few in December for 59p!

3 Likes

For any who think they’ve missed the boat, Proactive investors did a great deep dive on ITM early last year.

Spoiler alert, I think this is just the beginning…

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/216776/itm-power-making-headway-in-the-drive-for-clean-fuel-216776.html

Also @Viktor’s SWOT:

📈📉 SWOT: ITM Power, the publicly-traded hydrogen power startup

6 Likes

Thank you for the links. I putted £30 during November-December with an average price per share of .7.

I am impressed by 47% increase in share price!

Do you personally think is a good time to reinforce the position or better to wait for a drop first?

:thinking: :thought_balloon: :crystal_ball: :cow2: (Closest I could get to a bull!)

:arrow_up: So, in short, I think this is only the beginning. :arrow_up:

:flashlight: ITM only make PEM electrolysers, they are really focussed business product dev-wise. This is important to me, no distractions, they’re already the global leaders in this sector. ITM have no debt.

PEM electrolysers facilitate the rapid response conversion from electrons to hydrogen, that is key when utilising unscheduled intermittent renewable energy, and balancing supply & demand for frequency control. PEM electrolysers enable those who own them to provide grid balancing services (and get paid the tariff) in addition to making hydrogen and oxygen.

This is a multiple value offering.

Linde Gas joint venture devloping a large scale project:

:handshake: So you can add Linde to this list of companies ITM are working with:

BOC, Cadent, GasUnie, Orsted, Northern Gas Networks, RD Shell, RWE, Toyota, Thuga.

https://www.itm-power.com/item/37-shell-rheinland-refinery-update

ITM building PEM electrolyser at Shell’s refinery in Cologne, Germany.

:leaves: Almost anything powered by burning fossil fuels can be replaced either fully or partially by ITM Power and its’ products. If that doesn’t put it at the forefront of the UK’s (and probably the worlds) green revolution then I don’t know what does.

If you want to learn more about it, the Beeb covered it well here.

I think in 6-8 years time we’ll be looking for dips under £10 to buy more…

:rocket: :new_moon:

6 Likes

haha! Good old Keele!!!

1 Like

Wow! Wealth of knowledge there… Glad I bit the bullet and got in this morning… Luckily got the dip at .97p at 1.06p I had covered my entire loss of other stocks… So thi k I will be keeping these bad boys!

2 Likes

Without going into pedantic points about the merits of hydrogen versus natural gas, it is not the single silver bullet that will enable the shift to zero carbon. Above the 20% injections as above make it difficult for existing infrastructure both pipelines and appliances to handle. Hydrogen in gas isn’t new as town gas in the 20th century from coal was 50% hydrogen but the current infrastructure in the UK is not suitable for it.

In gaseous form it is about 1/5th as energy dense as Natural gas and to store it in liquid form it needs to be negative -253C (20 degrees above the coldest temperature in the universe), which in itself is massively energy intense. As a note to the above 20% hydrogen injection does not reduce CO2 by 20%.

PEM technology for converting excess electricity is a good idea but ITM aren’t the only ones active (Siemens have a big push on it atm) and the round trip efficiency from electricity to hydrogen is 60% and then back to electricity lowers it to >30%.

But on a more valuation based level they are trading at ~100 times revenue! And on forecast revenues it will be 10 times if (big ask) they meet expectations in 3 years time. I think it is a mirror to the over performance of the US based hydrogen/fuel cell companies such as fuelcell energy. I would be hesitant about a company valued at £500m that has yet to prove their product is commercially viable.

4 Likes

@Beans17 @anon810895

Thank you both for the input!! Very instructive.

Next stop £1.20 :bullettrain_front:

But seriously how far can this go on sentiment?

(And also some more news on the industry).

2 Likes

How they will make an impact on using Hydrogen to fuel cars, with it clearly going the electric route, I’m not so sure.

But the extremely exciting part for me is that they reckon they can use this hydrogen technology on the already existing natural gas network. And it’s currently undergoing testing to see if it is feasible.

If this gets government backing this is an absolute game changer for the whole world.

4 Likes

Down almost 11% this morning, back to 98p.

Is there any news as to why?

According to my stock chart it’s down only 2.5% to 108 :eyes:

Looks like it went straight back up after my post oops :eyes: Excited to see where this one goes. Definitely going to drip when I can on this.

Sounds like someone big took some profit

Is there any news on government backing? I agree though, most car manufactures are mostly concentrating on electric, admittedly a few are going hybrid, so there will be some cars using it.