ITM Power - ITM - Share Chat

They only have 700k of shares left between them? Doesn’t fill me with confidence…

Seems like they never owned that many before.

Nothing to worry about in my opinion. The share price has rocketed and the market cap is crazily high based on current fundamentals so they would be mad not to cash in to some extent. It was only just over a year ago that the SP was bouncing around at the 20-30p range so I cant blame anyone for taking a few chips off the table after a 10x rise.

2 Likes

Anyone else watching this? It’s in free fall…
Thought it was just profit taking but now concerned there’s panic selling. Can only average down so much :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Painful but honestly cannot complaint… still +140-150%. After a big raise this stock is always been volatile. This time may be justified by major concern with Brexit, etc.

1 Like

I’d hardly call it a freefall! It’s still double where it was 3 months ago.

To be honest, I expect it (and everything else) to drop even further with the upcoming crash, depression and moronic Brexit. I was planning to hold it for the long term because I do belive in the company and the hydrogen sector, but after writing that previous sentence I’m thinking about selling now and buying back cheaper down the line!

No, I’ve talked myself out of it. I’m going to keep holding in the hope that the government doesn’t respond to this economic crisis with more failed and discredited austerity and actually launches a stimulus aimed at new and green technologies… like hydrogen and renewables!

I think I’m placing far too much faith in the current regime but I’m going to do my best and keep politics off this forum.

2 Likes

I bought in only last month so missed the majority of gains. Concerned that without any significant deals/partnerships being announced, this will keep falling?

2 Likes

Oof, I don’t envy that decision!

Well its flying at the moment.

1 Like

Looks like there was some profit taking yesterday. It’s recovered all the losses

4 Likes

ITM in the news again. More interesting though is the story is centred on a project by the Bamford family (JCB). A family that’s a major donor to the Tory party, that were vocal in pushing the Brexit disaster and with a Conservative party peer in their ranks.

If they’re kicking up a fuss about hydrogen and vomiting daft soundbites like "This is a great British solution.” then perhaps we can expect to see government cash being pushed into the industry soon?

9 Likes

Maybe. I personally dont see hydrogen for transport as the answer but if the government want to pour money into it and buy ITM electrolysers in the process then Im not going to complain. I personally think the focus should be on industrial markets and switching the existing hydrogen market (which is already big) away from steam methane reforming and towards electrolysis.

2 Likes

I’m holding on to ceres and buying on the dip. I’m expecting Ceres will break even this financial yr.

2 Likes

Do you think anything is?

4 Likes

There is a thread for Ceres Power. Useful information about Ceres might be good to post on the Ceres thread.

2 Likes

https://www.sharesmagazine.co.uk/news/market/6995110/ITM-Power-welcomes-EU-strategy-on-hydrogen-power

Some good news here

2 Likes

They’re recruiting during these crazy times. That must be a good sign! Sadly no jobs in my area of expertise.

2 Likes

WARNING: I just read this article and it shaved about 50 points of my IQ. Then I read the comments and it took another 50 off. I’m pretty sure that I have a negative balance now HOWEVER when even a backwards paper like the Telegraph is positively adding the conversation about hydrogen then that can only be a good sign for the industry.

We do not have to bow to the green Taliban, our latter day Puritans

The hydrogen revolution dovetails with Britain’s colossal gamble on offshore wind, heading for 75 GW by mid-century if the Committee on Climate Change gets its way.

Is the journalist some kind of meme that I don’t understand or are they being serious?

4 Likes