Nike (NKE) - Share Chat

Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area.

This has already been added as a request :slight_smile:

I changed it to Nike.

Thank you for all for your votes! We’ve now launched US stocks which means that one of our favourite brands - Nike - is included in our Stock Universe :swimming_woman:

Feel free to create a new #investing-and-markets topic& share your thoughts about Nike’s future with the community :speech_balloon:

Huge potential deal here :soccer: :handshake: :tshirt:

1 Like

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/nike-to-hit-all-time-high-after-the-companys-earnings-crushed-it.html

3 Likes

Donahoe, who was already a Nike board member, succeeded Mark Parker. He was previously CEO of ServiceNow, and before that CEO of eBay. As CEO, Donahoe is expected to focus and build on Nike’s digital investments, such as its mobile apps, given his background in the tech industry.

Unfortunately, not much about sustainability, so hopefully it’s not only lip service.

“The consumer increasingly cares about sustainability,” NikeCEO John Donahoe told CNBC’s Sara Eisen on Wednesday, marking his first television interview since taking the helm at the retailer last month. “It matters to Nike and to consumers. … [Consumers] are looking to companies like Nike to lead.”

What are we thinking? I definitely want to see companies like Nike lead the charge on sustainability.

1 Like

Source - Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

I managed to buy the stock at $85.

It entered the pandemic with a strong balance sheet, and its track record of growth speaks for itself.

But I’m curious if anyone thinks its winning streak will come to an end?

It’s certainly a highly regarded brand.

On the subject of Nike, they have stopped all sales via Amazon. They are saying their aim now is direct to customer selling through their shops and online, and that they have the tech to do it well. If more big brands decided to go that way it could really chip away at Amazon, if they were stripped of most of the quality goods it would look more like Ebay. Might actually help the high street a bit too.

1 Like

That’s a good bear case against Amazon.

More large, iconic non-tech companies may decide to develop the tech themselves. It’s already happening with Disney+.

Note to self, it’s worth looking into whom Nike hired into tech functions over the last few years.

The share price barely budged, but finally it’s under $100.

1 Like