Royal Mint Physical Gold ETC 👑🍃 - RMAP

where you looking? best to use LSE website London Stock Exchange | London Stock Exchange

Is anyone using RMAP to get gold exposure instead of SGLN?
Volume seems to be very very low compared to SGLN.

It’s significantly newer than SGLN which may play a part

It doesnt matter how much it trades. its about the underlying gold market, it trades as liquid as any gold etf out there and you dont have to hold the gold at a bank in london like all the others. its held in wales in the countryside at a specially built site. you can also redeem for coins and bars.

2 Likes

@heccy I was allowed inside the Royal Mint many years ago. Sadly I didn’t get access to any bullion or coin though.

2 Likes

The Royal Mint Experience has just reopened. It doesn’t get you inside but next door and is pretty cool

3 Likes

Curious how many people hold any sort of gold? And are you holding through an ETC or physical? And why?

2 Likes

I have no gold at all right now but find the chance of a gold ETC a tempting option I might look at when I get more funds.

1 Like

@Eden I’ve just started to add Gold & Silver via ETCs. There is the view that commodities should make up a proportion of a balanced portfolio and that commodities can be a buffer against inflation. I would welcome others views on this.

3 Likes

is there a silver equivalent?

1 Like

Unfortunately not for Royal Mint. Ishares have one which is on Freetrade👍🏼

1 Like

Dipped my toe in with this one, will add to my stock as money allows.

3 Likes

So that’s fine isn’t it?

Some concerned the money is held within the bank but I don’t see a massive problem. If the bank goes under they don’t just sell their silver for peanuts. It’s still silver

1 Like

Yeah it’s okay as ishares (Blackrock) are one of the biggest ETF providers. I just prefer to have my money with the Royal Mint as the gold is stored in a vault just outside of Cardiff.

3 Likes

Llantrisant, the hole with a mint!

3 Likes

Royal Mint vault is probably most secure in the world. RM moved out of London in 60s due to Cold War and IRA. Better to be off the grid. Most of the gold etfs either store at JPM and HSBC. JP got fined $1bn for manipulating gold futures last year by SEC & HSBC been done for money laundering.

Royal Mint is Britains oldest company 1100 years old and 10th oldest in the world.

RMAU you can also convert for coins and bars. Plus they use the most responsibly sourced gold 75% 2019 bars.

4 Likes

if you hold physical & you go to sell it it will be heavily discounted whereas RMAU always trades at the official gold price

1 Like

Royal Mint adds NFT in its arsenal

1 Like

RM also added recycled gold recently to RMAU which makes it the first circular economy gold ETF. recycled gold is 99% less carbon intensive than mined gold

Little concerned. Early this year the market dropped like a stone. No problem there you might say, all markets go up and down all the time. But this correction shone a very bright light for me. My portfolio is well diversified across markets, across sectors and across income and growth equities. But what i have failed to see or take notice of was the gapping hole at my feet. If the markets fell then my portfolio fell and just like the markets my portfolio had no bottom…literally my portfolio could just keep falling and falling, there was no bottom. I could end up with nothing, worst then nothing. Hence my movement into gold. I now have moved a part on my portfolio already and setup regularly investments in ishare gold etf. I did look at RMAP but ishare is at the moment the big guy in the black. Will keep an eye on RMAP and may move on them when they have a little more of a track record. But do like the equities to gold conversation idea.

1 Like