Up 23% on Twitter now, having bought when it was low.
I have a small amount in Twitter right now, though at one point a couple of years ago I did make a 100% gain before selling and reinvesting elsewhere (on Freetrade of course)
It’s an incredible platform.
More generally, I’ve enjoyed seeing ‘social networks’ find their own niche over the last few years, rather than being lumped in and compared to each other.
There was a time when Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat were viewed as the same thing whereas in reality they have evolved (as consumer usage of them has evolved) and are so very different from one another.
Social platforms 2.0 is well underway.
Potentially a cool future feature for - price alerts and after-hour trading prices:
Elliott who? September 2019:
TWTR up 7%.
This is a serious article by a serious publication (Recode):
Will Jack move to Africa this year for up to six months?
Jack stays as a CEO, will do a $2 billion buyback, planning to grow monetisable users, etc.
But will he still be moving to Africa for a few months?
TWTR is up over 4%.
- Technology investor Silver Lake’s $1 billion investment will help fund a $2 billion share repurchase program on Twitter’s part, the company said Monday; Silver Lake’s investment is a lifeline for Dorsey and Twitter, allowing the company to keep him as CEO.
- In past weeks, Elliot Management —one of the biggest activist investments funds— quietly collected more than a 4% stake in Twitter, making it one of the social media giant’s largest shareholders.
- On February 21, Elliot Management nominated four new directors to Twitter’s board just before a nomination deadline, according to The New York Times .
- Elliot Management reportedly wanted to oust Dorsey as CEO in an attempt to fire up growth for the social media platform, according to TechCrunch.
- A co-CEO of Silver Lake, Egon Durban and Elliot Management partner Jesse Cohn will take seats on Twitter’s board and on a special temporary board committee to monitor Twitter’s management structure.
- As part of the pact, Twitter has alsocommitted to a plan to grow its monetizable daily active users by at least 20% with accelerated revenue growth year over year.
Will no doubt will wipe a few $$ off, potentially a good time to buy if anyone is a fan…
Not much movement yet, considering the severity of it.
Hackers tricked Twitter employees, hijacked accounts in digital currency scam
Not much movement yet
Wait till the market opens…
Up 6% today on earnings. Stock price at the highest this year.