Unilever (ULVR) - Share Chat

As everyone might have heard Unilever has warned of slower sales and an earning report miss or 3-5%.
Will this earning report be enough to break Unilever’s strong trend. The warning has caused the stock to drop 7%, whilst another competitor P&G is still climbing. What are everyone’s thoughts?

NEWS:

Critical Trend:

1 Like

Unilever’s part of a defensive tilt in my high-yield portfolio. I’m not overly concerned about the latest news because it had been looking pretty expensive anyway over the past year. I’ve been waiting for a dip so I can buy more.

2 Likes

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but £53 was certainly the time to sell.

4 Likes

Not really an Earnings miss, they’re just saying growth has slowed. that’s not the same as no growth.

They say “Earnings, margin and cash were not expected to be hit.”

I think the drop might be a bit overdone

2 Likes

Is this in your opinion the dip?

Personally I don’t think the trend, will be broken I believe the growth will slow down, but still bullish/neutral on future growth.

1 Like

I’m no expert so I wouldn’t like to say, it’s certainly a dip though. I imagine we’ll find out if it’s a blip or due to more deep-seated problems when the full earnings report is published at the end of January.

1 Like
1 Like

Is this a dip, we can enter?
Someone mentioned dividend and sell off…

Any discussion points are welcome… :blush:

I’m certainly keen to catch this dip and increase my holding.

Seeing it as a short term 15% gain is good enough to me when it gets back up to pre covid levels, after a bit of a rollercoaster year.

The divesture won’t harm the overall performance of the group and remaining brands long term IMO. Alot of the longer term ETFs hold quite high percentage s of this and that’s good enough for me.

All my own opinion and DYOR ofcourse.

1 Like

You know that ETFs don’t make the conscious decision to hold Unilever though, right? They hold it because it’s part of an index like the FTSE or the cosumer staple index.

Seb,

Apologies, relative newbie terminology clanger, I meant investment funds pulled together by BG, BNY, Rathbones etc.

:+1:

2 Likes

For anyone interested in Unilever, or the consumer staples industry in general, the following post might interest you - Unilever Stock Purchase (LON:ULVR) - A Fast Moving Consumer Goods Giant - MoneyGrower

1 Like

Any reason this has taken a dip today? My thinking is the dividends announced today is less than last years on at q2
I’m wanting to hold a position on this just wonder if it will take a dip some more?

I believe the drop is due to - Expected cost increases hurting margins. I believe they said in the past that the would be able to increase prices to offset this, but they guided recently this may not be achievable.

1 Like

I’m this video I analyse Unilever’s stock using fundamental analysis. Is ULVR stock a buy?

I go through Unilever’s business summary & sales breakdown to get an understanding of the business. After this, I go through my analysis checklist and then value Unilever stock using the discounted free cashflow method.

Unilever plc is a British multinational consumer goods company headquartered in London, England. Unilever products include food, condiments, ice cream, wellbeing vitamins, minerals and supplements, tea, coffee, breakfast cereal, cleaning agents, water and air purifiers, pet food, toothpaste, beauty products, and personal care. Unilever is the largest producer of soap in the world and their products are available in around 190 countries.

Unilever’s revenue has been stagnant/decreasing for a number of years now, which is clearly not a good sign. However UL/ULVR is a fairly profitable business with net margins consistently above 10%. Unilever have consistently high Return on Equity (which is fantastic), but the main concern for me is the huge debt load on the Balance Sheet.

As legendary investor & Co-CEO of Markel, Tom Gaynor, says “Leverage introduces a degree of fragility to the business that concerns me”

Please also remember to like and comment, if it gave you some value!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

2 Likes

Any new news thats come out recently for the drop in price?

People don’t like pot noodle

Lewis tanked it

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: