☑ [Feature Request] Transfer SIPPs from other providers

Hi.

When the android app launches will there be any options to transfer a sipp from Hargreaves Landsdown? Looking to move my whole portfolio over when everything is up and running!

3 Likes

SIPPs are on the roadmap but not seem to be a short-term feature to be implemented.

Let’s hope Androids and ISA will be up and running in summer to start with!

2 Likes

Me too, Nick, my SIPP is sitting with HL and I hate paying the 0.45% custody charge.:money_with_wings:

10 Likes

My SIPP is with Interactive Investors and I can’t wait to transfer it, as well as tell my friends to do the same. When you see the spot FX spreads I have paid over the years…£1,000s.

2 Likes

Do you have any more information on how FreeTrade can transition SIPPS or am I too early ? I have one with Transact Online and would be interested to see the pros and cons of moving to FreeTrade.

2 Likes

Let’s hope the FCA bans this sort of thing by the time Freetrade’s SIPP is ready :nauseated_face:

Investors charged hundreds of pounds for Isa and Sipp exit fees - FT

Data show Hargreaves, AJ Bell and Interactive Investor among most expensive platforms

This is behind the FT’s paywall but you should be able to click through & read the story from this tweet.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to move my SIPP and ISA away from HL. They have one of the best and most informative websites of any UK broker but their fees can get ridiculous. Will be very happy when I have both with Freetrade!

2 Likes

The Vanguard SIPP is due by the end of 2018. My HL SIPP is purely VG Target Retirement so a no brainer transfer for me.

HL might be one of the highest fees-wise while you’re accumulating but when you come to drawdown, it’s one of the more competitive, with no drawdown set up fee, no charges for one off or regular withdrawals or for changing income instructions.The latter is critical for flexibility, eg you’d want the option to amend your income if the market crashed or was buoyant and not have to be charged each time you change your mind.

A long time in the future for most people on here but will be interesting to see what Vanguard’s SIPP charges will be.

2 Likes

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/sipp-customer-service-associate-retail-investment-management-at-vanguard-1489585888/

2 Likes

Email received today - Vanguard SIPP on the way ‘early 2020’.

2 Likes

Looks like standard Vanguard charges:

• A standard annual account fee of just 0.15%, capped at £375 a year.
  • The account fee and cap apply across all an individual’s holdings on Vanguard Investor (SIPP, ISA, general account).
  • Clear pricing – only the account fee plus fund fees and transaction costs – nothing else.
3 Likes

Interesting that free trading of ETFs with Vanguard will be based on a similar model to :freetrade:'s, in that they will be free for ‘bulk trading’ (so probably at a specific time or times) or £7.50 for instant trades.

2 Likes

As far as I know this has always been the case with Vanguard Investor.

1 Like

I’m not with Vanguard Investor so wouldn’t know - it’s just that the delayed/bulk selling seems to be cited as a negative for Freetrade, according to some (not to me as I don’t want to pay £1).

2 Likes

Anyone know to clarify does this mean one account wide cap of £375 combined. Or per product?

Combined by the sound of it so 250k across all products would be the cutoff point.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with it either. It’s twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon, which is handy, 'twas the inspiration (wrong word:) for the ‘Execute basic trades twice a day’ thread.

2 Likes

Sorry, I was just saying it’s nothing new. Personally I also don’t see anything wrong with bulk trades or charging for instant trades either.

I just wish Vanguard would update their UI, feels a bit dated and clunky.

2 Likes

It does feel dated and bland, I’d agree, but I find it more functional. For me at least, it’s a better experience all round (aside from the 0.15% fee and lack of range) because it just works.

As well as letting you place commission-free trades twice a day, the execution notifications are much quicker and–in my experience at least–there are far fewer rejected orders.