Our first Open Banking integration is here

I’ve topped up my account yesterday for the first time since June and I like the new integration, definitely an improvement from having to manually send money through. However next step needs to be instant transfer, which I’m sure you are working towards.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I almost made a manual transfer but was checking the reference code when I realised you were using open banking. Maybe not an issue for new users but something you could advertise or remind people about.

3 Likes

It is a shame it makes you select the bank each time and doesn’t remember

Mine remembers, maybe that’s a bug on your side.

Oh I did think it was odd, anyone else doesn’t have it remember?

Hey @timeinthemarket - just to confirm; your provider selection should be saved when you’ve made a successful payment so that the flow is shorter for future deposits. Please could you DM me with your Freetrade email address so we can look into this for you?

I just used Open Banking for one of my largest deposits to Freetrade :slight_smile: (relax, we’re talking double digits!). I would have used Google Pay to make sure that it went through instantly but unfortunately that wouldn’t work - even after 4 attempts.

At least now I have a good idea of how long Open Banking is going to take next time I use it. I’ll edit this post when the transaction is completed in case anyone else is wondering :slight_smile:

Sent from Monzo - Monday 15:16 , Received in Freetrade: 16:27

1 Like

I’d be interested to know the process behind the scenes of how the funds get allocated - both my Open Banking deposits went live within 15 minutes, but I see a lot of others take much longer.

I wonder if someone is manually having to process batches, or whether there is some automation to it (hopefully the latter!)

2 Likes