Oxford Nanopore 🧬 🧫 - ONT

I’m down 21% at the moment. I’m hanging in there as it’s a very small holding and speculative but still interesting.

1 Like

Market didn’t seem to like the large loss due to IPO costs and EBITDA breakeven by 2026 vs expected 2025 but revenue guidance beat and they’re upholding their very aggressive gross margin guidance. A look at my tracker shows it’s trading at the same trailing sales multiple as PACB but still trading at higher forward multiples, which is interesting as PACB has higher growth. Investors must be very confident and skeptical of ONT and PACB hitting targets respectively.

3 Likes

Dang Emmie you’re rich :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha wishing I never bought this one now, along with Oxford Biomed, completely ruining my portfolio with their big red minus price tags! I invested too heavily in the whole Covid thing and didn’t have long enough to see much of a return.

1 Like

Ahh that sucks I just started last July it was mostly up until all this war stuff happend, hopefully you see green again like I did today. In red again though just haha

You should drink yer strawberry things and look at your portfolio :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m starting to see a lot of improvement which is good but most of my shares are needing long term holds. Strawberry Daiquiris are the answer to everything!

2 Likes

What’s up with the stock?

Been asking myself the same thing, I’m 47% down. Think the latest earnings report said the business was not profitable and there’s also competitors in the same area now, so not looking as bright for the future. I’m holding as I’m looking for a bit of an improvement with my loss before I sell.

1 Like

For me this is a long term hold I have been stocking up at the lower prices and expect the price to improve with time.

1 Like

This is interesting - and helps to keep faith. I’m currently looking at a very sad -37% but it’s not a big position …

Black box to be game-changer for diagnosis of mystery illness

4 Likes

Very in depth DD on reddit from a someone in biotech on why they and others in the field are bullish on long-read and ONT in particular.

4 Likes

ONT’s trailing and forward EV/Sales multiple has started to seriously decouple from PACB’s. Doesn’t seem to be a function of selling pressure from funds like ARK.

An update on this amid the turmoil: ONT’s trailing multiple has reduced below PACB’s for the first time since last year. Forward multiple is still around 20% higher though, and highly likely near term UK rates will likely pressure ONT toward 200p.

1 Like
6 Likes

Nice read, thanks for sharing. I had no idea the founder shares expire in two years. That means the company will surely be added to the FTSE indices at that point?

3 Likes

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41592-022-01759-x

1 Like
2 Likes