PensionBee - PBEE - Share Chat

Ha to be fair I thought you were just trying to pump your Patron subscription on the thread earlier but you’ve not linked it here, so fair.

The analysis post is definitely welcome - I’d sooner read a few of these opinions than the influx of people posting diamond and ape emojis recently.

11 Likes

Cheers pal. I think i done a boo boo by not saying that i’m short on the stock. Ive learnt that declaring my position is required for any posts in the future.

3 Likes

Thanks for this. I invested in them (not a lot) and noticed the oddity in the way they declare customers. The big takeaway I got from that report and the numbers on their website was that the company is growing exponentially. If they continue with exponential growth then they will be massive in a fairly short amount of time.

Pandemic and job losses probably play in pension bees favour as well. Means there are more pensions that need consolidating.

I’m in it at £1.82 (probably should have waited a few weeks - maybe 40 shares…) just based on the exponential growth. The company’s fairly new, I like the vibes I get from the website and management.

Did not do the numbers you’ve done above, if I had I wouldn’t have invested at the price I have. That said I don’t think it will be a loss and I plan to hold it and add to it (might re think that) for a long time.

The risk factors I found interesting and it makes pension bee seem more like a sales platform than an investment vehicle (imho) and I wonder what tech they have that’s proprietary. Is it just the app and logo? There’s not much IP in a database and a MVC type app (I’m arguing that anyone can do it)

As I said it’s the exponential growth that won me over but that seems to already be priced in for a while (from your numbers above)

2 Likes

True pal. Long term i think PB is good and if the price enters a territory of ‘value’ then i will buy, but i do believe that it’s got a 30%-45% decline in its path. The company has also been losing on avg around £3.3m per year for the last 3 years. The key with PB is its AUA, at its current growth i predict AUA could hit £10bn in around 3 to 4 years, i have roughly worked it out that If PBs AUA reaches £10bn, their revenue will roughly hit £70m, this would provide a rough profit of around £10m-£20m (minimum). Lets look at the £10m profit barrier, if PBs stock trades at 50x its £10m earnings (big ratio, still bubble territory) then PBs mkt cap would hit around £500m, that converts into a share price of £2.26p. Value is there but i think long term, around 3 to 5 years.

I am, but to be honest not much to do on their app.

I couldn’t believe the market cap these guys listed at, when I first heard about them I thought they would be a £20-50m cap, for them to be valued at nearly 10x this level is just bizarre. What are the barriers to entry in pension consolidation? Even at a quarter of the current market cap they would seem expensive to me. 100%+ growth on a few million revenue is easy, it’ll start slowing once they go past £10m and then what? I don’t short but it would be a prime candidate if I did!

2 Likes

I’m not saying it is a good share to invest in but the platform is very good with excellent customer service. I do think it will grow a lot as it is the perfect place for those not wanting a SIPP but a better visual on their pension pot. :+1:

On the value per share I don’t have a clue so definitely not a recommendation to invest in them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good result for Pension Bee in the first update post IPO

2 Likes

103% revenue increase

I know it’s not been the best year but keep wondering why pensionbees share price continues to tumble

Not all stocks can be high at the same time (unless it’s 2020). The hype momentum of this type of stock has sailed, the narrative has turned sour and the focus has been on energy and shorting tech stocks.

Knowing which decade to hold a stock in is the skill. Judging by these types of companies the investors do not see great returns over the near to medium term and they pay no dividend so it’s simply not the time to buy risky small tech.

This market is not about individual companies it’s about market sentiment especially to tech as opposed to oil companies, so essentially regardless of the performance of individual companies the market overall will drag share prices down right now.

1 Like

the share is up 117% since the beginning of the year…

The risk free rate has hiked, from a quick look I’d say the sentiment towards the company hasn’t really changed and the reduced price drop largely reflects the change in the time value of money.

2 Likes

The stock is up 30% so far this year. Any particular reason?