Pineapple Power - PNPL - Share Chat

Exactly… I pulled out of PNPL just in time but keep following. If they make an acquisition then I would reinvest again. FOMO doesn’t make for sound investment IMO. Let’s see what the future brings.

2 Likes

If Elon wanted a vanadium battery company he’d buy it himself, not let a Spac have it

5 Likes

Got 2050 shares. In for the long haul. Can’t expect a miracle overnight.

Purchased shares for this SPAC some time back.

Thrown it to the back of my portfolio, in it for the long haul

1 Like

I’m guessing we won’t really hear anything now until they think they have someone to acquire or something changes with how they are going about it drastically and a small update is made. They have stated that it could take some time with the current COVID-19 situation. They are only looking for one so taking longer could be good, as long as they have capital throughout obviously, then taking some time may not be bad in the sense that they have their eyes on someone but want to see results in the next few months before they approach or just simply haven’t found anyone extremely exciting. It’s just guessing but hopefully, that is the case. Would be nice to have an update when plans have thickened even if things are still blurry as the transparency will help with confidence and gaining any new investors for further capital.

I am by no means a professional, DYOR. etc… My thoughts have only been made up of news from their site, the prospectus & a quick google on the directors. As I’m sure many others have also, I have my eye on it though as it is an interesting SPAC for the UK alongside could have some huge potential if things execute well.

4 Likes

It is rejecting my sell order

If you’re trying to do a big batch it probably will due to low volume? Or not as much demand?

Try selling in smaller groups, so for example, if you’re selling at 100 shares a time and it’d rejecting, try 10 a time. Tedious I know, but better chance of going through maybe

Update posted by the company today:

2 Likes

“ The Company notes the increase in its share price since its listing became effective on 24 December 2020 and is appreciative of investors’ support for the Company.”

This made me chuckle. They should be looking into why their media relations contact was putting out tweets like this (now deleted) at the beginning of the year.

2 Likes

Good to see they are keeping transparency alongside seems like they really do not want to rush into anything or get too excited about any single approach either, but rather sound happy to even move on from the approaches they have had if they don’t feel any will be suitable.

All a waiting game now really as we see what news, if any, comes from them after researching the approaches… Has anyone looked around for potential companies operating that could be seen to be acquired by PNPL? Although it would be guesswork may be interesting to see what it around in the market at this time and even the general plans of other companies for the future.

6 Likes

Anyone know why PNPL seems so choppy today?!

Would I be too late to jump in this train? Thought about it a while ago when it was in a dip but now I think I might be too late

Probably wrong, but I’ve been reading it as the market failing to decide how seriously to take the memo linked to upthread.

Never too late. When/if a company is acquired we’ll all be rich. May take weeks/months,

(My view, not advice!)

5 Likes

This actually by far my biggest holding in terms of no. of shares. Got 333 at an average of £0.09 so could server we well at some point. Need to transfer to ISA as soon as I get paid though.

Wall Street journal:

The U.K. government signaled support for looser stock-listing rules to attract tech companies and SPACs, moves aimed at helping London compete with New York and retain its position as Europe’s pre-eminent financial center post-Brexit.

The proposals, expected to be formally announced Wednesday, would make it easier for company founders to list shares without giving up control and still make the stock eligible for inclusion in the London Stock Exchange’s blue-chip FTSE indexes.

3 Likes

Does anyone have stronger evidence or any more information on this? I’ve seen 2 articles regarding this information but no more.

@MattC94 That is a different company based in the US than the Pineapple Power company here in the UK.

2 Likes

Ok gotcha. I assumed as much but I couldn’t find anything regarding pineapple energy. Thank you

Hi, can anyone help, I have 71 shares in pineapple power, everytime I go to sell them it is rejected? Any ideas?