MEGATHREAD: 🎙 Podcasts 🎙

Hi everyone!

I’ve read through the community’s recommendations on investing podcasts (here and here) but would love to crowdsource a few more non-investment specific podcasts. If you’ve got a favorite podcast to listen to on your commute or on the weekend, drop it below and I’ll check it out! Any and all podcasts (biz, tech, fintech, sports, etc.) are helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My list:

9 Likes

I currently listen to the following (and tried many others but removed them after a while)

Fintech Insider
a16z
FYI by Ark Invest
Exponential View (Azeem Azhar)
Venture Stories
The ETF Story

Just noticed you mentioned non-investment :slight_smile: I can recommend these:
Desert Island Discs
Friday Night Comedy (BBC)
The Knowledge Project

4 Likes

Lots of the above investing/business ones for me, and also Acquired, Business Wars, Choose FI, FT start up stories, FT tech tonic, How I Built This, Monocle - The Entrepreneurs, Planet Money, This Week in Startups. :headphones:

AND some others including Akimbo (Seth Godin), Eat, Sleep, Work, Repeat (Bruce Daisley), Emoji Wrap, Guardian Football Weekly, MashTalk, Song Exploder, Recode Decode, S-Town, Tech’s Message, The Daily, Digiday, Football Ramble, The Terrace, Skift, WIRED.

Can someone please create a few more hours each day for me to get through them…

3 Likes

Glad to see Design Untangled on there @Viktor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Non-investment podcasts would have to be James O’Brien’s Mystery Hour and No Such Thing as a Fish.

Investment/finance related FT Money Show, FT News Briefing, Planet Money and The Economist Radio.

4 Likes

Investor Chronicle
BBC - Wake up to Money
The Investing for Beginners Podcast
Freakonomics Radio
NPR - Planet Money

4 Likes

Just discovered James O’Brien has a new(ish) podcast series - Full Disclosure.

Some interesting guests already

2 Likes

WorkLife with Adam Grant

2 Likes

There are quite some gems already in the thread. Still, on the financial/economical side I’m missing

• the daily FT News Briefing. For me that’s a must during the morning commute.
  • OddLots from Bloomberg
  • Morgan Stanley Ideas Podcast
  • FT’s AlphaChat.

In addition not directly related to the markets but more on the entrepreneurial side:

• Founders Talk
  • The Knowledge Project
  • many more non English podcasts :smiley:
1 Like

1 Like

Isn’t Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman the coolest business podcast :call_me_hand:

Also, AI with Lex Fridman (MIT Professor). Because we live in a simulation :hugs:

1 Like

My two favourites are …

Jason Graystone “Always Free”

And The Joseph Carlson Show

P.S just checked my podcast and there’s another called “The Bell Ringers” Podcast. Great for a round up of what’s going on news wise with the markets and specific stocks.

1 Like

Here’s my key takeaways from the podcast:

Compound costs:
If you invest £10,000 over a 50 year period with an average of 7% compound annual growth. You will end up with £300,000 however nearly £100,000 will be taken away due to compound costs.

People often have the wrong perception of risk for investing:
People often think of the short term, such as there might be a recession next month, or next year. However investing is over a long term period. Look at your returns in 15 years and you’ll be happy.

It’s very hard or lucky to out perform an index fund over the longer term:
There’s a slim chance that you’ll invest in the 4 unicorns that get crazy returns over a 15 year period.

1 Like

Digging up an old thread here, as I’m about to listen to a couple of the investing related ones above.

My favourite non investing podcasts:
Guardian Football Weekly
The Totally Football Show
The Joe Rogan Experience
Reply All
The Darknet Diaries
Freakonomics Radio

Debating Dan Carlins Harcore History as well, but they’re all 4-5 hours long each, might have to break it down into 2/3 sittings.

Does anyone have any other non investment related ones worth looking at?

1 Like

Yes - Really enjoy The Joseph Carlson show. It’s one of the things that got me actually started in investing.

2 Likes

The only financial markets podcast you need to listen to right now: Macro Voices

Small caveat, can be difficult to follow if you don’t have a financial background, but it’s been extremely valuable in recent months.

1 Like

I need a recommendation for a good new podcast, so I’m I’ll resurrect this thread to give you my current

Non-Investment:

• Business Wars
  • Football Ramble
  • How I Built This
  • Masters of Scale
  • Off Menu
  • The Tim Ferriss Show

The socially distant sports bar. Got me through lockdown and dont worry if your jot a big sports fan. Its great