[Feature Request 🔧] Portfolio chart design

This, for me is key. It should show your overall profit as a % and amount, taking into account closed positions and what you’ve put in. So basically current value - all cash in from external sources (not dividends) = growth. I’d add a step 8 and 9 to your list to show closed positions and dividend income:

1. You sell investment A at £1800, and buy investment C - your growth remains at 55% (assuming investment C value stays the same).
  2. You are paid £100 in dividends from stock B and your growth is now 60%

I’d rather a chart of % growth personally (as long as it discounts deposits), but am fine with a chart of £ profit or £ value if the other information is available as well - I don’t particularly care about the day’s profit/loss, but do care about overall growth over longer periods of time (as opposed to growth due to cash deposits).

So yes those charts you’ve shown look pretty close to what I’d like to see, as long as the Profit/Loss or Growth is not simply the average growth over current investment (which is I believe what HL shows you), but the actual growth (I’m sure there’s a term for that, I’m afraid I have no idea what it is :sweat_smile:).

yes landscape mode showing you a more detailed chart would be really nice.

5 Likes