Pots or Investment Buckets

I think this is a good idea. It’s more a UX thing than anything else but I was thinking I might want to have my money separated into more long term investments that I won’t need to liquidate at any moment and can leave to ride out volatility/dips and then a separate pot which I’d just have in an S&P 500 or Nasdaq 100 tracker funds which if needed I can liquidate with less risk of having bigger dips/volatility that may come with other stock investments (Though I know everything is volatile in the current market).

1 Like

VOTED! I thought I’d had an original idea - something in the style of “savings pots” would be great!

It would be handy for lots of people at this time of year too. Imagine being able to create a “Christmas money from granny” pot and seeing how much you made it grow/vanish over the following year.

7 Likes

Just throwing my vote in here.

This personally would add huge value to my day to day usage of the app. As others have said, I invest in different stocks for different reasons and different lengths of time.

Many ETFs I “set and forget” and check them seldom, but other stocks I plan to hold for shorter periods and need more “active management” - the ability to separate this would be extremely useful

7 Likes

Also want to throw my vote in on this idea. I would love to be able to quickly organise my investments and see the value/risk distribution at a glance. With the rising popularity of SPACs for example, it would be good to separate these out from my steadier investments like ETFs and large-caps.

4 Likes

Yep, also love this idea, was wondering if it was possible to do! I’m mostly investing in dividend stocks but I would like to be able to create some custom groupings that would possibly show their own performance insights once clicked into. (not required but would be cool!)

2 Likes

It would be beneficial to see pots /pies /buckets to break up the current long lists of investment scrolling each time.

2 Likes

Anyone posting here to keep the dream alive gets instant hearts.
Come get hearts

5 Likes