PrimaryBid: Connects Investors with Public Companies

Sadly Iā€™m a bit of a nerd and borderline ā€œveteranā€ of this industry I guess. Ugh. Old.

In a nutshellā€¦ I generally concur with the weight of opinion.

Paywalling stock = maybe not the best idea but FT need to make money somehow

Competition generally provides all these features for freeā€¦ so, tough sell.

Iā€™ve got a Plus subscription and Iā€™m happy with itā€™s functions. So, I dunno. Pay your money make your choice. Iā€™m acutely aware of the reality of all these feature requests on the wallet and on the operational processes behind the scenes so Iā€™m never going to call for free Level 2 or real time pricing etcā€¦etcā€¦ as they actual add little except to those who think they are day traders. Day traders can find better platforms for their needs.

Iā€™ve also not thought about it too much as the general ā€œnoiseā€ on this forum can be overwhelming.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not aware of all their processes but I know that HL for example have a tendency to take between 2-3 weeks (at least in 2020) for these types of transfers once they receive the request. (That is without any additional information from the customer to aid the transfer).

Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s stupidly slow. But 1+ months sounds like an issue with your particular broker. I had assumed you contacted your broker but Iā€™m guessing as theyā€™re historically flawless that you contacted primarybid who have been unresponsive?

Both. As previously stated.

Still not able to nominate FT as a broker on Primary Bid - frustrating as would like to participate in the Hipgnosis (SONG) raise today. Not sure this option is on the ā€˜to doā€™ list for FT?

2 Likes

FreeTrade and t212 asked NOT to be put on the PB broker list from what I heard. Not a straight through process, not something that easily integrates (right now).

1 Like

Hipgnosis is already on FT and it was only a 1p discount when I looked, not great with the fees included. I know weā€™ve said similar about primarybid before, their quoted price is often high.

as I understand it, Freetrade had said they were working with them (this is from Freetrade themselves), that seems to have either been put on hold or stopped at some point.

Thanks Finki and Adam - it was worth looking at based on Fridays close and when the RNS was issued but it dropped on Monday from 126 to 118 - in line with the market drop that day or due to the raise?

So may as well buy on FT and save the fees on the other platform

Draper Esprit co-leads a $50m series B in PrimaryBid. The shared investor with Freetrade could be beneficial for both of them.

3 Likes

Maybe Draper Espirit will encourage Freetrade to accept incoming shares from people who use PrimaryBid?

1 Like

Please God, no

1 Like

If a share is on your watchlist or in your portfolio it would be useful to know if you could buy the share at a 5% discount when itā€™s being placed on PrimaryBid. It could be something added to curated content feed, if FT are going down that route.

1 Like

ā€œDiscountā€

Pre- raise
Pre-bad news
Pre-dilution effect

That said, Iā€™d like to know if shares I owned were raising via PBā€¦ it would be a reason to sell them. Quick

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Have to agree with this. There seems to be little in the way of positive reasons that a company would make use of Primary Bid. I like the idea & I hope this changes in the future but anything available on the platform right now is just being added to my warning list

1 Like

It would be good to see a ā€œWhere are they nowā€ study on every company thatā€™s been listed on Primary Bid.

Did any of them prosper or was it all their last gasp?

1 Like

That would be nice. But I donā€™t think it has to be ā€œprosperā€ or ā€œlast gaspā€.

I know Taylor Wimpey raised and are doing fine but hardly prospered either. This was actually what highlighted the issue to me, I couldnā€™t understand why they went to Primary Bid without asking existing shareholders for cash first. I would have gladly contributed. However this action made me sell out as I thought it was a terrible management decision.

I can only assume their nominated broker told them that there was no market demand for equity raisingā€¦but that was never made clear and is just speculation on my part.

Hipgnosis (SONG) used Primary Bid earlier this year - I would have liked to have had access to that but would have meant using another platform and the incurring fees to sell and rebuy on FT.
PB advised it was no fault of theirs that FT were not on their list of platforms that could be used.

1 Like
2 Likes

Has anyone noticed that thereā€™s been an increase in new raises specifically in new trusts and existing funds (downing renewables and infrastructure trust for example, and JP Morgan JARA, ā€˜homeā€™ was a new REIT ipo )

Hi Adam

Any update re being able to use FT as Broker on PrimaryBid, this would be really useful feature as have had to open a GIA elsewhere just to subscribe to Cellular Goods IPO

Thanks

Ben

4 Likes