Bricks Newco plc - PURP - Share chat

Google Finance

Purple bricks - online estate agency!!

Getting close to being profitable
Would love to be able to buy some :yum:

this was originally on the app wasn’t it?

Don’t think so, wish it was though :sleepy:

Plus 1 for this stock

1 Like

Interesting article on the big shareholders of the firm. I’m likely to buy in soon, would obviously prefer to do so from my FT ISA.

1 Like

Request PURP(Purplebricks) as a new addition.

Who wants it? Vote now

1 Like

Purplebricks is one of the stocks I’m following, and think it’s looking quite good.
What do you think?

not on FT atm, vote for it here: Purplebricks

They overextended and are now trying to regroup in the UK

No branches. Fixed fee. I like their model.

1 Like

They’re not on Freetrade though?

Was hoping people might look into it and vote for it to be added :crossed_fingers:
Next gen real estate

@samlan I must admit Purplebricks looks like a tremendous buy opportunity, especially at current levels. Did you notice today’s massive drop?

I’d be very interested in reading someone else’s thoughts on this. Has anyone performed a thorough due diligence?
The investment thesis seems to be: the market overreacted following expansion mistakes and the CEO’s departure. If the firm focuses its efforts on profitability in its main market its stock price could grow substantially.

I think they have a tremendous product and impressive brand equity in the UK. Could be nice to get in at almost the same price as IPO day in 2015.

1 Like

I think it is a big opportunity if they okay their cards right. They over extended and learned from that and are now scaling back. This will help with profitability.

The company I work for considered investing them at an early stage, and our CEO still regrets that he couldn’t convince the board of directors to see it through.

2 Likes

Looks like it might be at a turning point
Quite sad I don’t have any purp shares in my account :sob::joy:

Purp up 5% today and it’s killing me :hocho::heart::sob::joy:

Emmins and his colleagues claim to have found evidence that Purplebricks is using a review-boosting method they call “selective review request”. This involves screening out customers that staff suspect are not satisfied, asking for reviews before homes are sold, incentivising staff to get customers to leave reviews and asking satisfied customers to leave multiple reviews.

Is it really that good then?

In May, Purplebricks’ co-founder, Michael Bruce suddenly quit and later the same month the company shut its Australian branch. Two months later, it announced it was withdrawing from the US market – only a couple of years after starting operations there. Purplebricks says that the decision to exit the two businesses has “given us the opportunity to refocus on our UK and Canada businesses.”

I might not invest.

The US online more efficient home buying market is growing—with 50% of homes discovered online. However, the traditional house purchasing method is still predominant, though it’s in decline and is ripe for disruption because of large hidden fees, lack of efficiency, slowness, etc etc.

Just watched this video by the “big dawg”—if Purplebricks doesn’t have loads of capital, it’ll be hard to complete with Zillow, Opendoor, etc etc:

I can’t see either of those companies coming to the U.K. for >5 years if not more. There is soooo much to achieve in the US before they look beyond.

1 Like

Why is this one so popular? Purely speculative or do you actually think that people’s habits will change and online real estate will boom? Just curious