Realty Income Corp - O - Share Chat

Hi, fortunately, you are wrong here.

1. I just received this payment in my German brokerage account which is with one of the biggest legacy brokers there. So most don’t pay on the date.
  2. If you suggest Freetrade uses our dividends as money for company purposes, that’s very incorrect slander.
4 Likes

Hi @Windaes :ocean:

The dividend processing system is something the Freetrade team have said they’re looking at improving but it all comes down to engineering time. So far there are more important priorities including EU stocks and Crypto.

I’m not saying they use our money, but brokerages pay dividend on issue date with their own capital is what I meant. Not that they use our money. Hope this clears that up.

1 Like

Oh okay so it’s not just me that hasn’t been payed yet? Starting to get a little restless

It’s only this month and not just this dividend, I’m guessing something on has held it up in the system… needs improved so it doesn’t happen in the future but it’s not a huge deal.

1 Like

Payment date was a week ago, still not got mine - is it just held up or was it rolled into that Orion office REIT spin off does anyone know?

What has freetrade said in-app?

Missing dividend here also.
FT have told me they are still waiting to recieve it.

1 Like

Mine came in today along with another from the 15th Nov.

Just had mine today too

How often is dividend paid? Is it quarterly?

Monthly

2 Likes

Got my first ever dividend payment, I’m a new investor and looking forward to seeing monthly dividends, and reinvesting into the stock.

9 Likes

This stock is a legend and even if drops in SP
The regular dividends payout shouldn’t I’ve never known it to while I’ve had them

Coming upto a year holding soon and increased my stock when can

Getting nearly £10 a month after all taxes are taken out :+1:t2:

Just some information from the past if you had £10k in this in 1994 (IPO date) it would be worth £180k with its dividends and share price increases :flushed::heart:

6 Likes

Currently have 351 shares. Nearly able to buy 1 share each month with the dividends I receive. Exciting Times :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Wow that’s impressive :+1:t2: :flushed::heart: I Habe no plans to sell and keep this as my savings and to aim for anything near that stock amount :slightly_smiling_face:
Currently have about 56

4 Likes

Alas I have 0 shares and this £0 dividends because I can’t this in my SIPP :cry:

2 Likes

I don’t get the SIPP stuff and maybe I’m too your for it?

Is a SIPP just a long term ISA where you pay no tax from American stock :rofl:

It’s a Self Invested Personal Pension. There are lots of benefits to having it but for me it’s a collection of all my old workplace pensions swept up into one place.

REIT’s are tax differently so Freetrade would need to do some tinkering before you could hold $O in one.

2 Likes

So it’s basically a collection of old pensions!
I only have I currently from my workplace and that is still active :thinking:

1 Like