Reddit IPO

Founded in 2005, Reddit is an American social media website where registered members submit content to the site which is then voted up or down by other members. Posts are organized by subject into user-created boards called “communities” or “subreddits”, which cover a variety of topics.

Reddit home page

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

~ Space for Google Finance link ~

Reddit appears to be targeting a Spring 2022 IPO valuing the business at circa $15bn.

1 Like

For those of you who like to ensure your investments are ethical you may want to look at some of the subreddits that Reddit tolerate. Your eyebrows will raise at the very least.

2 Likes

This is exactly why going public is the death of Reddit.

2 Likes

Reddit is a hangover from the pre Facebook internet where user weren’t monetised in the same way.

If they don’t reward the community moderators in some way this could be a very messy listing, lots of people doing work for the love of it like @AchillesFirstStand -

@AchillesFirstStand Would you want something from the IPO given you help generate the traffic and keep the your community compliant and healthy?

3 Likes

Thanks for the shout-out :smile:

(r/CanaryWharfBets for the fans, almost up to 10k members)

It would be good if they use the funds to improve the platform, I don’t personally have any problems with it. I wouldn’t expect any direct benefit for it, I would not have been able to make a successful stand-alone forum without the free platform from Reddit so can’t complain.

4 Likes

What kind of subreddits are you referring to?

I just discovered a new feature, I won’t use it but it’s a clubhouse / twitter spaces clone

1 Like