Alphawave IP Group Plc - AWE

Alphawave Semiconductor IP Company
Intending to IPO in London

https://amp-ft-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/amp.ft.com/content/3cde3006-4d73-4196-89d7-c47df507f597

When will this be on the platform? does anyone know?

1 Like

It’s on there now matey

1 Like

I’ve invested in this just now, IPO’d at 410, dropped right down to 310 at one point. Starting a climb back. With global semiconductor shortages and the ever increasing demand I think this is a good bet for some medium term gains above the IPO price. DYOR

some good results, built partly on the back of strong 5G

2 Likes

thanks for sharing

1 Like

It’s a long read (100+ pages) but have finally made my way through the SEC filling:

https://sec.report/nsm/Alphawave-Ip-Group-P-L-C/Portal/NI-000024176/NI-000024176

The standout for me was the bookings growth:

During the year ended 31 December 2020, the Group generated revenue of $44.2 million, exhibiting robust
growth as compared to $9.3 million, $6.9 million and $3.5 million in the seven months ended 31 December
2019, the year ended 31 May 2019 and the year ended 31 May 2018, respectively. The Group’s bookings from
contracts entered into during the year ended 31 December 2020 were USD $75.0 million (USD $51.9 million
excluding estimated royalties), as compared to USD $27.2 million (USD $23.4 million excluding estimated
royalties) from contracts entered into during the year ended 31 December 2019 and USD $9.6 million (nil
royalties) from contracts entered into during the years ended 31 December 2018 and 2017 (in aggregate). This
rapid bookings growth has continued into the current year, and the Group achieved USD $82.2 million in
bookings (USD $74.3 million excluding estimated royalties) from contracts entered into during the three-month
period ended 31 March 2021. The Group’s operating profit increased significantly over these years, reaching
$23.9 million in the year ended 31 December 2020, as compared to $3.3 million, $0.7 million and $1.2 million
in the seven months ended 31 December 2019, the year ended 31 May 2019 and the year ended 31 May 2018,
respectively.

1 Like

I watched this slump all the way down to £3 a share and toyed with buying in… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming: And didn’t :crazy_face:

fingers crossed for a better entry - I expect some turbulence - IP licensing is lumpy, a bad quarter would see a big dip and a buying opportunity to load up

1 Like

Well, this stock would appear to have been a catastrophic mistake!

1 Like

I purchased my 77 shares at average price of £3.8034, sold at £4.4232 to take profit and use the cash to top up my ETF’s. Wanted to balance my portfolio more by placing a bigger % of my cash in ETF’s. Getting that done bit by bit… Sure glad I took that decision…

Give it time, just hold. Fluctuations are part of investment.

1 Like

Trying to make a small investment (£500) in this, order keeps rejecting.

Am I trying to buy too few?

Perhaps try buying smaller numbers at a time?

1 Like

I’ll give it a go later - cheers

Got in now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dropped by 16% as of now what I assume after a piece on FT

Is this drop making anyone else feel a bit queasy?

That’s a crazy drop… Looks like that story really didn’t go down well.