Byd ADR - BYDDR - Share Chat

BYD Company Limited manufactures automotive products. The Company produces ordinary passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and other products. BYD also operates battery making, rail transportation construction, and other businesses.

Read more about OTC stocks and how they’re traded here

What are OTC stocks and ADRs? - Freetrade | Learn)

Hi, could you please add BYD Company Limited (BYDDY). This is a promising Chinese battery technology company invested by great investor like Warren Buffett.

http://www.byd.com/en/index.html

Yes, please add BYD its going to be a massive stock!

Currently Produces the most EVs in China. Yes, more than Tesla. Building Electric buses in Canada. Was originally a battery manufacturer so has Gigafactories. Let’s have it.

Might be worth having a look at the L&G ETF BATG which holds a nice amount of BYD :slight_smile:

1 Like

BYD Company Limited (BYDDY)

Chinese EV and battery company, profitable and a low price to sales. I can see this was requested before about a year ago…would love to buy. T212 just added it but id rather invest via freetrade where possible.

Please add BYD, it’s an ev company with a good balance sheet
Ticker: BYDDF and BYDDY

Another shout out for this please.

Any chance of this coming sometime in the near future?

https://www.byd.com/en/index.html

The Asian listing isn’t likely soon, no. However, there appear to be other listings. I suggest requesting them using the form. The UK listing is 0VSO, which I suspect isn’t highly traded. I’d just Google all the listings you can find and request them all via the form in the pinned thread.

BYD is an Over The Counter (OTC) or ‘Off Exchange Market’ where dealings are done without the use of an exchange. (from Youtube channel, Binge Finance).

A fantastic video about BYD, their range of vehicles, in house battery tech and a tour of one of their factories.

Ignoring the over egged “self driving” technology, this video really shows just how far ahead of Tesla they are.

BYD Company Limited manufactures automotive products. The Company produces ordinary passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and other products. BYD also operates battery making, rail transportation construction, and other businesses.

I found a means of buying this. It’s available from Swiss bank SAXO
You can open a trial account without committing to any deals just to let you get a feel as to how it works.
BYD is currently trading at around £36 a share

1 Like

Hi @Lynnzer I can see you’re new around these parts so I’ll start with a tip of the ole hat image

Its probably best not to post links like this. This company might be fine but completely above board but it’s against rule 6 -

“Don’t promote other businesses, e.g. by posting or promising links or referrals links”

We’ve seen a lot of OTCMKTS ‘share chats’ added over the past week or so by the team which means listings are coming. Previously OTCMKTS weren’t supported by Freetrade US partner.

If you share anything interesting you find we can demonstrate a demand for Freetrade to get this on the platform with more votes. This article is a little old now but shows you can gain quite a lot of exposure to BYD by owning Berkshire Hathaway.

I found this article from Forbes but it was almost unreadable thanks to the adverts so I screen shot the reader view.

It’s going to be a real winner in my estimation and I’m sure there are other trading platforms where you can get a s;lice of them,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63wCfqSQp8c

Hi, could you please add BYD Company Limited (BYDDY). This is a promising Chinese battery technology company.

I appreciate that the HK stock exchange might be put of scope of FT expansion, but if it was ever made available, I’d be very interested in Build Your Dreams; as their price point is aiming to disrupt the market and one of the few EV start-ups aiming to do so:

If it might never be possible to get them on FT, who have people got them with already? Thanks all.

1 Like

It’s often best practice to search first.

:freetrade: have hit some sort of stumbling block on support for OTCMKTS but this should be live (in theory)

1 Like