[Request] CD Projekt Red (CDR) 🎮 ⚔ [Poland]

I would love to see this company on FT one day. I pre-ordered Cyberpunk too, not looking at the reviews :see_no_evil: Will keep an open mind and see how it goes. :partying_face:

Seems rough.

I played on PC for a couple of hours last night. didn’t see any major bugs. A few graphical glitches The worst I saw was someone walking through a door before it opened.

It was actually less buggy than I expected. Although that’s based on very limited play time

Running great for me on Google Stadia @ 60fps. Might not be the ultra graphics you get on a PC rig but it’s more than enjoyable. I read they had over 8million pre-orders, how does that compare to other AAA releases? Seems pretty good.

I have it running on my (albeit high spec) PC and so far - no major buggy issues. A few frame-rate drops here and there but mostly pretty smooth :slight_smile:

It will get better for console players particularly new gen when the upgrade patches release.

So far - love the aesthetic and the gameplay is pretty smooth.

EDIT: I do have some advice on PC settings - I would turn off the motion blur and the cinema film textures (can’t remember what that’s called exactly) - the motion blur is a bit sickly and the film texture does cause some further frame rate droppage (i dont particularly enjoy it anyway)

1 Like

Arrived via post today. Hopefully play it tonight, thought I’d start to load up the game (PS5), it may take some time to prep, came with 2 discs, 102gb… :scream:

Streaming games is the future - can’t rate Google Stadia more highly. Was playing Cyberpunk minutes after launch, no delivery, no disc, no console, no downloads.

2 Likes

I think stream / cloud gaming is the future too. Although have you tried the PS5 Controller? The immersion is incredible. Controller Details. I think Sony will go that way (cloud) too eventually (all titles).

1 Like

What’s your connection speed? Any lag at all?

Pretty standard; 80mb down (BT), runs flawless @4k 60 via ethernet to Chromecast. Wifi is a bit patchy at times, but thats because my coverage isn’t great at the other end of our house.

One of the reasons I want to get in on more Google shares - I think their service has the potential to really eat into Xbox / Playstation because of their great network infrastructure globally.

Agree. If only it was listed separately :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I used and liked OnLive a lot ~10 years ago. I used it exclusively for demos and never paid them a penny. Naturally, they went bust. It was perfect for games where latency was not a priority, like turn based games. But it was not good for action games where you needed to aim.

So I was a fan of Stadia when it was announced. But so little seems to have happened with it? There have been a few articles about Cyberpunk’s Stadia promo, but otherwise, no one is really talking about it.

CDR shares have been rough since launch. The millions of pre-orders don’t matter that much, because that revenue has already happened, and the mixed reception, particularly to the console versions, have dimmed performance expectations.

I can understand the arguments against it from hardcore gamers, but as a casual gamer looking for a seamless, flexible multi-device experience, it ticks the boxes for me. Let’s see where it ends up in a few years time once the library is much more extensive, and internet speeds start to be less of a road block for entry. Not to mention new players in the space like Amazon’s Luna etc.

Shares are down about 10% as well.

Hope their patches are nothing like COD MW, the cadence and size of those patches was insane.

NVidia have Geforce now as well. That one streams games from your existing collection so you don’t lose access if you end your subscription, you will still own the game on steam or wherever.

Useful I guess if you want to see the realtime raytracing but don’t have the card for it

Shares are over 30% down since the premiere of the game.

2 Likes

What a mess CDPR have on their hands, it should have been delayed further.

Not sure I agree, There’s a few bugs on PC but nowhere near as many as a typical Bethesda game at launch.

Maybe they should have just delayed last gen consoles though, it seems that’s where the worst problems are.

The share price drop is due to over exuberance before the release and overreaction after release IMO, kind of “buy the rumour sell the news” situation, but they will be fine long term.

They are providing refunds to those on previous gen consoles (PS4 for example). That is a mess.

Overall longterm is a good hold but for now the launch is a mess for most of console players. Stadia and Geforce Now seem most happy.lol

6 Likes

Also PC players try this if you struggle with old hardware.