Fundsmith Equity T ACC

One of the top funds that actually beat the market. Worth adding it on at some point!

Mutual funds are not on the roadmap :frowning: good fund though!

1 Like

As Harry mentioned we don’t offer mutual funds at the moment. I’ll leave this topic open as you never know what the future might hold but adding them isn’t yet on our roadmap either.

2 Likes

Perhaps a close alternative from the same brand is SSON, Smithson Investment Trust.

2 Likes

Would be great to get them on the platform

Terry Smith is a genius!

This is a much needed ETF for the platform. Will really drive traffic towards the app.

Please please please add to the platform.

Popular ETF with stellar annualised return. Will really help grow your user base exponentially!

EDIT: I mean fund!

They are not an ETF are they? The funds are actively managed. But agree its funds do have strong numbers.

Just as an fyi it probably won’t make it on as it’s an oeic.

See:

Interesting article, personally I don’t think a broker should restrict what funds if offers, but instead it should be unbiased and offer all types of funds, no matter if it’s passive, or active, open ended or close ended.

It’s their business, they can run it as they see fit. I don’t think Freetrade has to be all things to all men, if they don’t want to be.

As with everything that we want adding to the platform, voting at the top, or voting with your feet (wallet) is the best way to apply pressure.

1 Like

This fund :v:t3: Pretty much everything I’d want to invest in, inside one package.

YouTube just suggested me a few interviews with Terry Smith. I’ve watched a couple and I like what I hear

I do wish FT were able to add funds, hopefully one day

1 Like

If Freetrade starts to offer Funds … the customers will beat a path to its door!

1 Like

Hello,

Thought I stopped by to give my 2cents.
Fundsmith’s fund has amazing performance and at the moment is one of the reasons I’m not transferring my ISA to Freetrade.

If I’m not mistaken, when requesting a transfer, if a certain fund/ETF/stock is not offered by Freetrade, it gets turned into cash on account right? Also Legal &General have a few interesting ones.

I would also appreciate if Fundsmith could be added to Freetrade. It seems to align very well with the Freetrade ethos of long term value investing.

It would be nice to have on FT, but It’s fairly easy to hold elsewhere; it can be purchased inside ISA or GIA from fundsmith’s own website.

You don’t have to move it over, you can leave it where it is. I am assuming its in a general account not an isa/sipp.
I will have to leave at least one share at HargreavesLansdown as even with freetrade plus it doesn’t have every company available.

He stated it was an ISA.